Yeti ordered!

superdon

Ditto... apparently mine is waiting in line for a transporter, which is booked... Another week then :p

Thats more positive than we have. Not had confirmation its even arrived at Grimsby yet (although I think it must have!)

My leasing company is still trying to get a firm date for our one, the automated emails are still saying mid July. They said they normally get told once the ordering dealer has them, I am trying to find out who that is.

Still saying mid July for mine, I was hoping for it by the WE of the 18th as we are off on holiday on the 20th

Still saying mid July for mine, I was hoping for it by the WE of the 18th as we are off on holiday on the 20th

The Yeti has landed, but the earliest date they can get it down to me is the 17th. I am half tempted to leave it until after my holiday as I am not sure I want to leave it in the Centre Parcs car park for a week. Its not a long journey either, only about 60 miles each way.

Well mine actually came into Tyne dock. It should be with the dealer Monday or Tuesday.

I don't think we will be able to collect until next weekend at the earliest though as I will be working :(

I assume mine did as well, as it is with a dealer in Newcastle. I am now just wondering if they are going to drive or transporter it down to me, its about 290 miles.

We will check it over well once it gets here and also get the mileage noted as that would be a big chunk of our monthly average gone.

Well mine actually came into Tyne dock. It should be with the dealer Monday or Tuesday.

I don't think we will be able to collect until next weekend at the earliest though as I will be working :(

Ooh nice! Mine went to Grimsby as Tyne was full apparantly! Still waiting too :)

Newbie here with little knowledge of cars (I'm a cyclist really),  but I thought there might be some interest in one of the new models on the  road in the UK.

We ordered Yeti Outdoor 2.0TDI CR 150 L+K 4X4 DSG on Sat 4th July after test driving a similar car (140 PS)  and having  also seriously considered and test driven a Ford Kuga. I thought that the Kuga seemed a little quieter at speed, but very happy with either. Probably a little more spec for your money with the Yeti. Picked Yeti because other half, who is the main driver,  likes a lot of space around her head and shoulders when driving and likes the somewhat boxy shape - previous car was a Fiat Qubo.

Since we wanted pretty much a standard car as above, we were able to pick one that was already on a ship from Emden to Grimsby, built in week 26 with the new engine.

As far as I can tell (TrackMySkoda) it arrived in Grimsby late on Wednesday 8th. So we'll get it ... sometime, I guess, maybe this coming week. I'd like to get it in time to do the running in before we drive down to the south of France in mid August.

David

Newbie here with little knowledge of cars (I'm a cyclist really), but I thought there might be some interest in one of the new models on the road in the UK.

We ordered Yeti Outdoor 2.0TDI CR 150 L+K 4X4 DSG on Sat 4th July after test driving a similar car (140 PS) and having also seriously considered and test driven a Ford Kuga. I thought that the Kuga seemed a little quieter at speed, but very happy with either. Probably a little more spec for your money with the Yeti. Picked Yeti because other half, who is the main driver, likes a lot of space around her head and shoulders when driving and likes the somewhat boxy shape - previous car was a Fiat Qubo.

Since we wanted pretty much a standard car as above, we were able to pick one that was already on a ship from Emden to Grimsby, built in week 26 with the new engine.

As far as I can tell (TrackMySkoda) it arrived in Grimsby late on Wednesday 8th. So we'll get it ... sometime, I guess, maybe this coming week. I'd like to get it in time to do the running in before we drive down to the south of France in mid August.

David

What colour did you go for?

Picked metallic quartz grey, since that was the one that was already on the boat;-) Could have had another colour (I think petrol blue) if we waited a little longer, but I have a short attention span and no patience, plus I like the grey.

I assume mine did as well, as it is with a dealer in Newcastle. I am now just wondering if they are going to drive or transporter it down to me, its about 290 miles.

We will check it over well once it gets here and also get the mileage noted as that would be a big chunk of our monthly average gone.

We are going to get our one on the 27th now, its coming on a transporter to us.

Edited by leaky5

It's a bit up in the air for my collection on Sunday now :(

Paperwork has all gone back to VWFS this afternoon but apparently the dealer can't tax the car until VWFS has acknowledged receipt of that paperwork. Which they haven't as yet.

Dealer seems to be suggesting that might happen between now and Sunday.

Anyone have any idea if this is right? Is the dept at VWFS that deal with this bit open on a Saturday? Presumably the dealer can tax it online at any time when they get that acknowledgement?

It's a bit annoying as I spent the day today cleaning up the trade in and taking all our bits out!!

Edited by superdon