Superb Estate V A6 Avant

A6 seating is poor. The seats, pedals and wheel aren't lined up, you sit at a slight angle.

I had terrible back problems with my A4 and colleague had same in his A6.

While I have not sat in the A6 I have been driving my A4 for 16 years and it's the most comfortable seating in any car I can recall. It has been set at one position for all that time.

My vote goes to the A6.

Edited by DonjSZ5

I think they both look good but if you equip them the same then there is a £15k difference.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 2

I like them both too. I guess as an Octavia owner, I would like the superb as they look very similar inside and out. Hopefully, the quality will be significantly better though. 

The question, as always is about value and reviewers are considering the difference in price when they compare and  evaluate. I haven't seen the new superb but I'd be surprised if the quality of fit and finish were up there with either the Passat or A6. They're just aimed at different markets.  Even the Skoda chairman Prof Dr Winfried Vahland says that "we’re not talking about beating the Passat here – that’s moved up a class – but we want the new Superb to sit above cars like the Vauxhall Insignia.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/89862/skoda-superb-at-geneva-range-kicks-off-at-18640

I think they both look good but if you equip them the same then there is a £15k difference.

Possibly but sadly the superb misses the 3.0tdi and with discounts on A6 makes it closer.

Love the superb tho

Have to agree with comments above, seating position is a very personal thing and while I only had an A6 for six months, I did cover 30K+ miles in that time and I found it very comfortable (more so than my Superb in fact) but having said that when I replace my taxi in two years time, although both the E Class estate and A6 Avant are within my budget, it will be the Superb estate I will be getting. For the money I will be spending (30K or thereabouts) I would be getting a base spec E Class or A6 but it would be a top spec Superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly but sadly the superb misses the 3.0tdi and with discounts on A6 makes it closer.

Love the superb tho

I agree on the discounts if the Superb came with none but it will be as has been noted already.

And the Auto Express magazine report clearly state that the quality is more than equal to the Passat.

No one will know until it's been seen in the flesh. Auto Express did say in a pre Octavia release that the interior quality was as good as an A4. Not sure how many would agree with that.  Even Auto Express changed their tune shortly after. Time will tell. I do hope it's good. My VRS has to go but I don't want to join team Audi, Merc or BMW.

No one will know until it's been seen in the flesh. Auto Express did say in a pre Octavia release that the interior quality was as good as an A4. Not sure how many would agree with that. Even Auto Express changed their tune shortly after. Time will tell. I do hope it's good. My VRS has to go but I don't want to join team Audi, Merc or BMW.

The Auto Express report regarding quality is about the Superb verses the Passat. It was in last weeks copy.

I wrongly assumed that the AE attached above was last weeks report, until I opened it.

Edited by Danny 57

when I did it on orange wheels it was not near £15k. that said I didn't add stuff like TV, options added are only any use if you wanted them to start off with. Currently the Superb has 3k off and the A6 10k off

Superb L&K 2.0tdi £30k

A6 Black edition 2.0tdi £35k

audi would then need a good few ££££ to make it up to spec. so def more expensive but has better residuals to assist slightly

Residuals will be interesting to see in 2018 /19

Audi are now punting out Cheaper Cars, Ultras and the likes, Lease / Fleet / Business use, 

so the Audi / VW Residuals in 3 years time might very much depend on if 'Used Car Buyers'  want these Used Cars from Dealers or Auctions.

The market in Used cars need to change because the Volkswagen Group and the Prestige Brands of VW / Audi are distorting the market.

They give the Value as still 52% after 3 Years yet sit often with Used cars not selling because the Franchised Dealers Asking Price is too high,

The real Residuals are what you pay to Buy today, and if you were to drive the car for 36,000 miles in 3 years and tried to sell it back 

to a Audi Garage, how much would they give you for it.

Trade Ins and Future Values of cars leased is about the Volkswagen other Business which is Finance and Money Lending.

To be honest all of Vag are. Look at the octavia scout deals and golf R. Seat are cashing in now too.

It can only hit used car prices and trade ins :(

Superb is v nice indeed but I do like the A6 too

And the Audi looks much bigger IF the scale in the photos is the same, which if so, the luggage carrying capacity  should be  much more than the Superb?

To be honest I think it's the picture scale rather than size difference. A6 is fractionally bigger but I believe boot is smaller than the superb. Extra length on a6 at front to accept the bigger engines

You would need to see both with the Photoshop Tint and over dark front glass like on the Superb

kind of gives a false idea of how it looks.

I imagine that more Funeral Directors will be having a Black  Superb Estates as a Hearse or Private Ambulance than Audi A6 Avant.

Very nice - I would have to agree with the OP comments.

I was in an A6 Avant a year or so back and wasn't impressed with the space;

the load compartment was a weird size too - that didn't lend itself to much.

At the time we have a golf day, then out with the kids, prams, etc.

...overall it was a frustrating weekend with that car.... and it didn't sell it for me.