Air-con not working ?

Hi all recently had my air-con re gassed but still it's not working the man at the garage said it could be the pump or a control module and said he can't tell so contact skoda.They want £80 just to diagnose the fault was wondering if there is any other way to find what's wrong ?

Check the torx centre bolt in the compressor pulley...as is well documented on here, it does frequently come loose (only by a few mm), but that does cause it to stop working. Just had this very problem on mine, and it is a very simple job to tighten up, but you will need a ratchet gun (electric or air) just to nip it up :thumbup:

Check the torx centre bolt in the compressor pulley...as is well documented on here, it does frequently come loose (only by a few mm), but that does cause it to stop working. Just had this very problem on mine, and it is a very simple job to tighten up, but you will need a ratchet gun (electric or air) just to nip it up :thumbup:

Hi could you possibly show me a picture of this please ?

I just bought a 59 plate VRS, same issue. Local aircon guys re gassed, ran a diagnostic, couldn't get to the bottom of it, so I took it to my local Skoda dealer.

Their diagnostic charge was £45, the report said the compressor bolt was bust, needed to replace the whole thing. They quoted £1350.

I phoned around a few places, my local mechanic said he'd do it for £420. He ordered a new compressor, fitted it, re gassed, still no cold air :(

He said the only thing left to change was the pressure switch, that was another £30, did the trick. He said that it could have been misdiagnosed, or could have both been faulty. On days like this though, it's money well spent!

Hi could you possibly show me a picture of this please ?

volkswagen_golf_delphi_compressor_failur

In the pic the bolt has come out a fair bit. The bolt only needs to come out a tiny bit for the pump to stop working. This is only the Delphi pumps, normally fitted to the last of the PFL octavia's and the FL octavia usually with the CR engines (1.6cr tdi/ 2.0cr tdi)

Edited by mattvrestate
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...