(S)imply Clever?

Oh the joys of simply clever design :happy: ...

Hear the musical clunk of paint being removed from the bonnet as you lift the wiper blades to clean them!

Listen to the squeals of delight from the happy :dance:  new owner as the men at the hand car wash discover this for the first time!

Delight in the new angles adopted by the washer jets as you clean the rear underside of the bonnet!

Revel in the subtle re-colouring of the driveway as you wash the brake dust from the wheels!

Observe the delightful reddish-brown hue adopted by the brake discs only a few short minutes after rinsing the wheels!

You guessed it - I've just washed my wife's recently acquired Rapid for the first time - she usually uses "the squirty things" at the car wash! Maybe I should stick to that ....

Or maybe try my local dealer's "car wash club" whatever that is!

Such wonderful stories of care and attention from a local scratch wash.

And people wonder why I wash our cars myself.

• Like 1

Oh the joys of simply clever design :happy: ...

Hear the musical clunk of paint being removed from the bonnet as you lift the wiper blades to clean them!

Listen to the squeals of delight from the happy :dance:  new owner as the men at the hand car wash discover this for the first time!

Delight in the new angles adopted by the washer jets as you clean the rear underside of the bonnet!

Revel in the subtle re-colouring of the driveway as you wash the brake dust from the wheels!

Observe the delightful reddish-brown hue adopted by the brake discs only a few short minutes after rinsing the wheels!

You guessed it - I've just washed my wife's recently acquired Rapid for the first time - she usually uses "the squirty things" at the car wash! Maybe I should stick to that ....

Or maybe try my local dealer's "car wash club" whatever that is!

All of these are true! Also true is that water collects at the bottom of the windshield at the right hand side (for my LHD).

Can't you park the wipers in the upright/service position before washing?

Yes you can

How? Is it the old method of turning the ignition off at the right time?

from Rapid manual:

https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Rapid/07-2012/Manual/A05_Rapid_OwnersManual.pdf

Before replacing the windscreen wiper blade, put the windscreen wiper arms into the service position.

Service position for changing wiper blades › Closing the bonnet. › Switch the ignition off and on again. › Press the windscreen wiper lever into position 4 » Fig. 28 » page 39.

position 4 is downwards

The windscreen wiper arms will move into the service position.

Removing the wiper blade › Raise the windscreen wiper arm from the rear window and slightly tilt the windscreen wiper blade towards the wiper arm, arrow A » Fig. 29. › Hold the windscreen wiper arm at the top end with one hand. › With the other hand unlock the locking button 1 and remove the wiper blade in the direction of arrow B .

Attaching the wiper blade › Push the windscreen wiper blade until the stop and it locks in place. › Check whether the wiper blade is correctly attached. › Fold the wiper arm back to the windscreen. › Turn on the ignition and press the windshield wiper lever into position 4 » Fig. 28 » page 39. The windscreen wiper arms move to the home position. Ð

• Like 4

Agree VAG brake disc material is poor quality and the lack of rear brake bias doesn't help.

Set-up on our Volvo is far better, with the front and rear discs being a similar diameter and with more braking force distributed to the back, thus keeping the discs clean and shiny.

TP

• Like 1

You should try ones of those hand washes at you local sainsbury's, its simply clever how they manage get your car really clean with a small bowl of water, a grey looking dish rag and some magic spray in a plastic bottle, as I observed one day while waiting for the Mrs in the carpark and when the guy came out he was so chuffed his brand new car was so clean and shiny.

• Like 1

You should try ones of those hand washes at you local sainsbury's, its simply clever how they manage get your car really clean with a small bowl of water, a grey looking dish rag and some magic spray in a plastic bottle, as I observed one day while waiting for the Mrs in the carpark and when the guy came out he was so chuffed his brand new car was so clean and shiny.

My dad went and used one of these so called cleaners the other day he is now paying for a proper valet and paint restoration to get rid of the scratches and swirly marks!

^^^^ Always pees me off when I go to park (Sainsburys) in my super shiney freshly valeted car and it's gleeming amongst all those other not so clean cars and they ask, " do you want your car washing?"   :devil:  :x