Catch-can problems

It should be a tight fit and the bit it keeps popping out of sucks in as well.

I can only assume the pipes to small?

I did get the exact pipe I was told to on here, but hey!

Does anyone have a link to the correct size pipe?!

Can you take a photo further out please showing the engine bay and also where the catch can is.

I'm wondering if there is not enough slack in your hoses and movement from the engine is causing it to pull out that connector.

• Like 2

Can you take a photo further out please showing the engine bay and also where the catch can is.

I'm wondering if there is not enough slack in your hoses and movement from the engine is causing it to pull out that connector.

That's not a bad shout. Will post up in once I've got to my next stop.

I think that is your problem.

Whilst you are looking under the bonnet get someone else to rock the engine by bringing up the clutch slowly in first and reverse whilst the handbrake is on tight. See how much movement you are getting.

• Like 3

I think that is your problem.

Whilst you are looking under the bonnet get someone else to rock the engine by bringing up the clutch slowly in first and reverse whilst the handbrake is on tight. See how much movement you are getting.

Yeah looking at that picture it does seem plausible. I'll put a longer pipe on later this evening.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

I had the same issue, the best fix is to make a bracket that's connected to engine to mount can on, then the can moves with the engine so doesn't pull on the hoses ;)

I had the same issue, the best fix is to make a bracket that's connected to engine to mount can on, then the can moves with the engine so doesn't pull on the hoses ;)

That was my original plan tbh, but ended up doing it this way for ease.

I may look into that for the long term fix.

• Like 1

That is only suitable for a max temperature of 65 deg C, not sure if that is enough for hot oil vapours.

That is only suitable for a max temperature of 65 deg C, not sure if that is enough for hot oil vapours.

So it does, good spot. There's some clear reinforced stuff I've seen but I don't think id like the look Of it in the engine bay.

Sorry, 'heard about oil SEEPING through hose not designed to hold it.' Sodding auto correct and terrible grammar.

So it does, good spot. There's some clear reinforced stuff I've seen but I don't think id like the look Of it in the engine bay.

Sorry, 'heard about oil SEEPING through hose not designed to hold it.' Sodding auto correct and terrible grammar.

Ah now I get ya.

I guess it'll be obvious if it's happening?!

Please feel free to post up some recommendations for suitable hose and maybe some connectors to re-route the pipe work round the back and down the side of the engine people :)

Ah now I get ya.

I guess it'll be obvious if it's happening?!

Please feel free to post up some recommendations for suitable hose and maybe some connectors to re-route the pipe work round the back and down the side of the engine people :)

I'm prob just over cautious, but scared the pipe would degrade and start to come apart with the bits going into the intake....now I await the response from people telling me to stop being such a div.