Vrs wing mirror units same as....

Pre facelift and facelift are different. Facelift broadly similar but some have electric fold function. Some may also have auto dip function - like internal rear view mirror. Also, some have puddle lights. All have indicator built in.

Edited by Sarge

I remember a thread where a member fitted Passat mirrors to his Octavia so I suspect the wiring and bolt alignment is pretty standard across the range. So as long as you have same functions on both the mirrors, I reckon its do-able. Note folding was not an option on the pre FL though.

• Like 1

I remember a thread where a member fitted Passat mirrors to his Octavia so I suspect the wiring and bolt alignment is pretty standard across the range. So as long as you have same functions on both the mirrors, I reckon its do-able. Note folding was not an option on the pre FL though.

Whoever specced my VRs out originally was a complete skinflint, so I don't have fancy folding mirrors anyway...I may look into this Thanks!

Jesus,

ive got a 56 vrs and am getting a 2008 mirror from another octavia diesel.... Should be the same? both got indicator

There are several levels of functionality, some are manual, some are heated and electric, and the highest level specs also have memory function and puddle lights and even auto dim (but unlikely on a 2008). The different specs are supported by different door modules so be careful you are not getting a lower spec one.

The 9N3 polo has exactly the same mirrors as the pre-fl mk2 Octy, as mentioned above. 

I had both cars at the same time once and also swapped the blue tinted mirror glass from one car to the to the other.

Whoever specced my VRs out originally was a complete skinflint, so I don't have fancy folding mirrors anyway...I may look into this Thanks!

You couldn't spec folding mirrors on the mk2 or the mk2 f/l vrs it wasn't available. I think you could retro fot them though but required more than just replacement mirrors