Anyone changed the dash and door trims for wood or piano black

Heh, when I ordered I had to pay extra $80 to get the awful fake wood replaced with the silver strips :)

I understand the dash trims just pop right off but the ones in the doors are a part of the whole door card so you'd need to replace the whole thing.  That would be rather pricey.

I'm not keen on the silver inserts in my elegance estate , anyone changed theirs? I'm thinking the cost may be prohibinot

not keen also,i asked when ordering the car if we could have piano black but was told had to buy the  whole door card.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I really like the fake wood in my Elegance!

I think it suits the exterior colour of my car and the ivory interior.

I also have gone off large amounts of silver shiny interior trim, remind me of the earlier focus and mondeo.

The Piano black also looks well IMO.

• Like 1

I also have gone off large amounts of silver shiny interior trim, remind me of the earlier focus and mondeo.

my elegance is black with Ivory and has the wood inserts. I also like it. L&K is mag brown also Ivory and had piano black inserts,also looks good.

Kevin if you have to get the whole door card it would probably be cheaper to change the car :)

Edited by Kilkenny
  • Like 1

Completely agree with you there. With the same colour combo as yours (magnetic brown/Ivory) I actually specified the lighter coloured wood effect (available on the L&K) over the standard piano black and really like it. It's even more realistic looking than the darker strip on the elegance. The silver definitely looks lower grade IMO. Each to their own though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2