Bi-xenon bulbs - Which type?

Hi,

I have been searching on the forum and at automotive bulb suppliers but cannot find the answer. Does anyone know which type of bulbs are used for the main and dipped beam of the bi-xenon headlights with AFS e.g. D1R/D1S/D2R/D2S/D3S.

Thanks.

It will be either D1S, D2S or D3S. D2S is the most common bulb across the VW Group.

D1R and D2R are designed for use in reflector headlights, hence the R. Those Ending in S are for projector headlights.

It's a D3S Ive had mine out - was looking at upgrading to some Osram 5000k upgraded replacements or convert back to D2S and change ballasts to 55w to improve the light output of the crap OE projectors

I have stayed with the original setup for now, although I am looking at a smart LED light bar to sit underneath the number plate recessed into the lower grill and some dedicated LED cornering lights facing 45 degrees outwards.