Bluetooth retrofit... Narrowed down to 2 options. Opinions please!

Evening all,

Having had my Octavia for 3 weeks now I have to say I'm mightily impressed. I want to install a "factory style" bluetooth kit to go with the Bolero unit. I have no Mic in the lights so need to fit that too. I'm torn between the following:

1: Used 9w7 module inc. loom and Mic from fleabay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252033054784?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Am I correct in thinking this will need coding with VAGCOM (hopefully by a helpful Briskodian - I'm in Bamber Bridge, Preston) and will also give me streaming?

2: FISCON "Basic Plus" kit as I have no MFSW or Maxidot. I am confident in fitting this myself but I understand streaming only works through front speakers - Is this correct? It is the more expensive option however (@£250.)

This is my first thread after introducing myself so please be gentle!

Many thanks in anticipation of some replies.

Chris.

Welcome to the forum. The first kit is the right one for your car with no maxidot and it comes with all you need. I would go for that as it too will offer streaming and is easy to fit. It is priced in the right ballpark. You technically should code it but without maxidot, coding will make little difference, apart from perhaps the way it displays names on the Bolero phonebook. Being second hand the coding may probably be ok anyway.

Good luck

Adam

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. The first kit is the right one for your car with no maxidot and it comes with all you need. I would go for that as it too will offer streaming and is easy to fit. It is priced in the right ballpark. You technically should code it but without maxidot, coding will make little difference, apart from perhaps the way it displays names on the Bolero phonebook. Being second hand the coding may probably be ok anyway.

Good luck

Adam

Many thanks for the confirmation of my thinking on option 1. I'm new to VAG cars (1st car was an MG Metro in '97 + lots of Fords thereafter) so I've had a steep learning curve! I only want the streaming so I can listen to saved recordings on the TuneIn app as I'm more than happy with the SD Card function. I think I'll order it tomorrow after getting permission from the other half... and picking up a T20 Torx driver as my socket set wont get to the screws holding the Bolero in place. I have confirmed the complete lack of any factory fitted mic, loom etc already.

Thanks again @adamal

Edited by chrispele

Thanks to all for the advice. I fitted the OEM kit and it works flawlessly without coding.

Apart from the stupid "mobile box" speed dial which I believe is a "feature..."

Now to work out replacing the 15" wheels with something more masculine!

Chris, I've read this with interest. I've been considering putting bluetooth in my 2011 (11) VRS for some time but couldn't get confirmation on which of the plethora of modules to use. You seem to have confirmed what I need (Bolero, no Maxidot/MFSW) but I'm intrigued by your statement " stupid "mobile box" speed"... Care to expand a bit, what is this "feature..."?

Welcome and Thanks.

I've gone for a 7P6 module to fit in mine (7P6035730E) which I picked up from ebay for just under £40. Also ordered a wiring harness, mic etc. kit from Car Systems in Poland, which was around £50 delivered. Haven't had the chance to fit yet as the wiring kit only came yesterday, but hopefully get round to fitting it this weekend.

I have a Columbus (retrofitted) and no Maxidot. From what I've read the 7P6 will work fine with Bolero/Columbus without Maxidot and will integrate directly with the head unit display.

Chrispele - How long did it take to fit? Did you use a long rod/stick to feed the cables/mic through the car? 

Edited by ahenners