My Octavia review on caradvice.com.au

So this Aussie car site is holding a contest for video and written car reviews and I've entered a video review for my Skoda Octavia.  The winner for votes gets $1000 in gas, and the best reviews as chosen by the editorial staff gets a three month paid auto testing gig and a free trip to the Tokyo motor show. Check it out and vote for me, or vote for me and don't check it out, whatever.... as long as it gets votes.

I also plan on submitting a more specific written review tomorrow or Monday.

http://thecorrespondent.caradvice.com.au/view/55b334d669d415cf29000026

• Like 1

Previous Mk 2 base models (Ambition) had single zone climate control fitted, the Mk3 only ha2 A/C at the base levels but the base price for the Mk3 is substantially lower than asked for the Mk2.

Having owned cars in the past without A/C I am grateful for anything come the 40+ deg C days.

The two-zone is part of the Tech-Pack that was $4900 (I think) when I ordered the car. That's roughly 20% of the no-option price. The regular stuff works well-enough.

On the plus side, our base spec has the 1.4.

Edited by hobbie2k

Up here even the base spec has two zone climate. Even if its only a few days each summer AC is actually needed :p

If it's needed at all :-(

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Why are the heating controls so different from the UK version. Looks so old fashioned

UK 'S' spec. has single zone AC too, just gives buyers more choice.

The two-zone is part of the Tech-Pack that was $4900 (I think) when I ordered the car. That's roughly 20% of the no-option price. The regular stuff works well-enough.

On the plus side, our base spec has the 1.4.

Fraid not. I have an ambition+ with tech pack, and it has the same A/C. One of the real annoyances I have only elegance and rs have climate control, which seems silly in this day and age! The A/C works well enough (cold in summer, warm in winter) but it's annoying to have to manually control how hot/cold it is.

Good honest review though :D

Guess I was mistaken. It has been a year since I ordered mine and I'm still upset I didn't get the ice scraper in the fuel door (yes, I know I can order it).

Guess I was mistaken. It has been a year since I ordered mine and I'm still upset I didn't get the ice scraper in the fuel door (yes, I know I can order it).

Don't they come as standard?

Don't they come as standard?

Not here in Australia.

Maybe the guy creating the specifications for Australia based it on his viewing of 'Home and Away' or 'Neighbours'.

You never see snow or frost on those programs, so I am told.

• Like 2

Not here in Australia.

Maybe the guy creating the specifications for Australia based it on his viewing of 'Home and Away' or 'Neighbours'.

You never see snow or frost on those programs, so I am told.

Do you actually get frost down under?

• Like 1

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/brisbane-news-weather-traffic-and-transport-in-your-courier-mail-bff-blog/story-fnqcjzme-1227443888952

A few weeks ago we had a cold snap in QLD (hot state towards the north of australia) and it snowed in many places. Admittedly snow in QLD is a rare even, but in Victoria, NSW, Tassie and SA frost is quite common in winter. Some colder parts will get ice on cars (Canberra, parts of vic and tas)

Its purely a money saving excercise

• Like 1

Snow is rare in most of Australia, except in some mountain ranges. Frost occurs in some southern areas.

I'm originally from Minnesota in the northern US, which was heavily populated by Scandinavians because of its similar climate. That's why the idea of the in-built scraper appeals to me. Although I'm not certain how well it will work when the fuel flap is frozen shut....

• Like 1

Agree we dont particularly need it, but it goes to show how they count every cent (or pence for you poms!) and where they can make cut backs. I'd still have one just for ****s and giggles and I live in Brisbane, which I dont believe has ever had snow (Ipswich has had some serious frosts before though!)