Baby Seats

Afternoon all, 

Does any one have a maxi cosi iso family fix base and seat in their mk III Octavia and is their any issues with it? 

Mothercare have an offer on where I can save £330 getting it now but I'm away with work and not back until after the offer ends. 

I don't want to hear bad news, I don't want to be the one who has to write the advert "Reluctant sale, Octavia vRS, arrival of two new babies force sale". Don't make me go diesel. BTW it's twins, not two woman :)

Cheers,

Ali

Family fix is all good. I just had to shove an old car washing sponge between it and the seat back to stop it rattling.

Not a problem for most people but I hate rattles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note, does anyone put anything between the base and seat? Just wondering if rubbing could cause any damage?

Definitely, had leather permanently marked on one and cloth scuffed on another. You can use anything but the dedicated protectors tend to clip around the rear head rest and be made from grippy material so they don't slip down and a bit that tucks between the seat back and base to secure it. Even the best ones are only £10-£15. We've got a few of these and have no complaints

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauck-Sit-Seat-Cover-Anthracite/dp/B00ETN7872/ref=sr_1_3/280-2652491-6357056?ie=UTF8&qid=1437925184&sr=8-3&keywords=hauck+seat+protector

not tried the family fix in the O3 but cannot see why it would not fit

• Like 1

Looking at these seat protectors.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diono-Super-Mat-Seat-Protector/dp/B00BFQ5BMU/ref=pd_bxgy_75_img_z

The red stitching matches my vRS!

I like this one & the storage pockets look quite useful.

I think I'll order the full sized one for my vRS too!

• Like 1

Afternoon all, 

Does any one have a maxi cosi iso family fix base and seat in their mk III Octavia and is their any issues with it? 

Mothercare have an offer on where I can save £330 getting it now but I'm away with work and not back until after the offer ends. 

I don't want to hear bad news, I don't want to be the one who has to write the advert "Reluctant sale, Octavia vRS, arrival of two new babies force sale". Don't make me go diesel. BTW it's twins, not two woman :)

Cheers,

Ali

Fitted fine in my MKIII Octavia. However, our daughter grew out of the seat before she was a year old. 

We ended up replacing it with this seat, suitable from birth to ~4 years

http://www.securatot.co.uk/BeSafe-iZi-Combi-X4-ISOfix?category_id=61 

And, this accessory pack, the car seat protectors are a must

http://www.securatot.co.uk/besafe-pack?category_id=65

You wouldn't believe the amount of research we did  :D

I like this one & the storage pockets look quite useful.

I think I'll order the full sized one for my vRS too!

Went with the smaller one as I found the car seats marked the base of the seat much more than the back. Also I bought 2 so bit cheaper. Will post up my impressions when I get them this week.

The back is more for the child as if there like mine they will start kicking the seat when they can reach it

That would be a totally different back you are talking about! I have looked at similar Diono back-of-front-seat protectors but they all do not sit close enough to the seat back and also don't cover the side of the seat enough (where my daughter seems to kick the most)

I have a maxi cosi family fix base I'm not that impressed with the fit. The base fouls the plastic surrounds on the I so so doesn't ratchet up hard.

Rattles like a mare to the point I'm considering getting a different seat.

My advice, go to halfords or mothercare and try the base in first to make sure you are happy with it.

I have a folded towel lapped under in order to get some bite on the Iso, not ideal

• Like 1