Soft Touch Passenger Grab handles?

Spannaz

Does anyone know where else you can buy them? The ebay listing is now ended and I've not been able to find any others.

Cheers

Eh, click on the re listed item button.

Does anyone know where else you can buy them? The ebay listing is now ended and I've not been able to find any others.

Cheers

AliExpress

start at  GBP1.74 for 4 inc shipping

search for "Octavia damper"  Here's the cheapest 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Volkswagen-skoda-Octavia-Bora-Chery-A3-e5-TIGUAN-GOLF-jetta-cc-POLO-ceiling-handle/1428522094.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.19.sABtiw&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

• Like 1

I've just gone to the link in the first thread and clicked on 'Relisted item' and it worked for me!

It's item 161844086308. Search eBay for that.

Cheers for that. No idea why is doesn't appear to be working for me - just checked again and it's the same. Probably something I'm doing wrong.

Item number worked though.  :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I found this thread independently if discovering these dampers myself. I fitted them and discovered a very simple foolproof method (So much so I used it to remove one after fitting it incorrectly) of removal that makes the mod childs-play!  I ordered two sets in case I ruined the job but didn't and now have ordered ten more sets in order to eBay them myself...

I found this thread independently if discovering these dampers myself. I fitted them and discovered a very simple foolproof method (So much so I used it to remove one after fitting it incorrectly) of removal that makes the mod childs-play! I ordered two sets in case I ruined the job but didn't and now have ordered ten more sets in order to eBay them myself...

Care to share your method?

Well... I am about to place a posting on ebay selling a bunch of bits for Fabia, Octavia etc which has these dampers, along with a few other trim dress up parts and I will be giving the method out there. I don't really want someone else "Selling" my method as I am only testing the water at present as a seller... Sideline as it were. I will offer the simple solution as I go though.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I’ll resurrect this. Try as I might I can’t get the pin out. At least it’s only £5? Wasted.

By the way I assume there was some sort of guide with the original post. Nothing there now.

OK I'll pass this on to others who may try.

I tried for ages on & off to try to get the pin out, all to no avail, until - I heated the pin & handle with a hairdrier, then then the pin can be removed using needle nose pliers. Heat again to help get it back in.