swmbo's Abarth 500! our new baby ;)

sharkrider

I keep looking at the new MX5 (in that nice dark red :) ) and thinking hmmmmmm :) But I like to lean my seat back and by the time I get my legs comfy I don't think I can get a decent driving position in it :( Great looking car and it looks superb in all the videos I have seen.

I know what you mean about the fake noise. my 135 has some fake induction growl, but now I have a MP Exhaust it helps to hide it and as I now drive with my window open all the time, I hardly hear the fake noise any more :D

With ref to the seating position in the MX5, dont let the look of the cabin fool you, I have a mx5 model 2.5, I also like to 'sit back' with arms extended just before elbows lock, and have no issues getting comfy, My son had a MK1 he is close to 6ft, also had no issues getting a comfy driving position.

The 500 Arbath looks like fun, but for a proper roadster there doesn't seem to be anything close to the MX5 -  However have you seen that Fiat are bringing back a 127 Spyder ?  all the pics and press are showing that it is the new MX5 with the FIAT1.4 twinair turbocharged engine and badge slight modifications of a few curves to the body .

Edited by lfc958

My 5 is very very comfortable and a superb driving position...The new MK4 is no exception

Just like the Abarth...The grin factor is always there!!

The new 127 is designed in collaboration with Mazda...Personally, I prefer the Mazda, but it may well excite when it goes into production

• Like 1

With ref to the seating position in the MX5, dont let the look of the cabin fool you, I have a mx5 model 2.5, I also like to 'sit back' with arms extended just before elbows lock, and have no issues getting comfy, My son had a MK1 he is close to 6ft, also had no issues getting a comfy driving position.

The 500 Arbath looks like fun, but for a proper roadster there doesn't seem to be anything close to the MX5 -  However have you seen that Fiat are bringing back a 127 Spyder ?  all the pics and press are showing that it is the new MX5 with the FIAT1.4 twinair turbocharged engine and badge slight modifications of a few curves to the body .

the europe version of the 127 spyder will have 140bhp from the same 1.4 turbo as in our abarth......... so a little less than the five, but with much more torque....

the ABARTH version coming later will have 200bhp from the 1.4 turbo.... that should make it pretty special! :o

2017_Fiat_Abarth_124_Spider_rendering_fr

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 2

I can't get comfy in the new MX5 due to the silly seating position I like :(

• 2 weeks later...

hhmmm, whats this with an abarth name on ? Christmas prezzie?!

IMG_1121.jpg

I cant believe I won these! £130 worth! :o

IMG_1120.jpg

Nice progressive springs, 30mm lower, going to send them a before and after pic for their facebook page :)

IMG_1122.jpg

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 3

right , the springs are on !

rear_springs_in_place.jpg

before lowering... look at that tragic arch gap at the rear! :o

before_5.jpg

after lowering.... miles better!

after_keith_blurred.jpg

after_keith_2.jpg

after_keith_1.jpg

looks like a proper 595 now! :)

after_keith_3.jpg

I havent driven it yet, as my tame mechanic dropped it off..... taking it to the fish and chip meet on Saturday :) I will give a review after!

• Like 3