How to change grille frame and mirror cover?

Hi

I got my new rally green Fabia Combi (Estate, like you call it) and I ordered from Superskoda black mirror covers and black frame to grille. 

Do you any idea how to change those parts? I tried to watch from different keywords from Google, but this new car model and there`s not so much information from internet for this car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from another forum member it's bumper off for the grille, not sure about the mirrors would of thought you could pop the glass out and then they are fastened from inside?

Heard from another forum member it's bumper off for the grille, not sure about the mirrors would of thought you could pop the glass out and then they are fastened from inside?

And AdamJMK, do you know if it's possible to remove the headlights (for HID upgrading etc) without taking off the front grill? I've tried and met with failure and I don't want to be taking off the bumper.

You don't need to take the bumper off. It's the same design as a Rapid. The grille is seperate. Also the mirror covers just clip on. You don't need to take the glass out. Just use a trim removal tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to take the bumper off. It's the same design as a Rapid. The grille is seperate. Also the mirror covers just clip on. You don't need to take the glass out. Just use a trim removal tool.

Oh really? Would you possibly be able to describe how it's done please? Like a step by step on how to remove the entire headlight enclosure. Thanks!

And AdamJMK, do you know if it's possible to remove the headlights (for HID upgrading etc) without taking off the front grill? I've tried and met with failure and I don't want to be taking off the bumper.

hello you can fit HID upgrade but you need to use canbus. you have to take the front of the car off ie bumper then you can get the headlights out as there is no room to get the bulbs out. i have a video on how to do it all from start to finish takes about 1 hour to do if you know what you are doing.

Oh really? Would you possibly be able to describe how it's done please? Like a step by step on how to remove the entire headlight enclosure. Thanks!

Sorry I don't know about headlights. Only the grille and mirror covers.

Sorry I don't know about headlights. Only the grille and mirror covers.

when i had the front off you can see how the "chrome" part of the grill come of its just clipped on in a couple of places. with regards to the main part of the grill the "black" grill you need to take the bumper off to change that as there is a couple of screws you cant get to.

with the chrome grill, if you unscrew the 4 torx screw at the top of the grill, then if you very carefully you can pull it you can then see all the little clips that hold the chrome on but be care fully as they are very easy to snap.

Interesting. Different to the Rapid then and a nuisance having to remove the bumper. I'm going to plastidip mine as I begrudge paying £73 for Black plastic surround :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyer

yeh £73 is a lot for black plastic plastic dip is a good idea. taking the bumper is hard as you have to undo the headlights and move them around as there are 2 small torx screws that hold the bumper to the wing and they are very very hard to get out as there is no room to move the tools to undo anything. but apart from that its easy just lots of screws to take out.

• Like 1

hello you can fit HID upgrade but you need to use canbus. you have to take the front of the car off ie bumper then you can get the headlights out as there is no room to get the bulbs out. i have a video on how to do it all from start to finish takes about 1 hour to do if you know what you are doing.

This would be great thanks! Where can we see the video?

• 1 year later...

As for the side mirror I'd say take out the glass first, behin it You reach two clips in top of the housing, push them down and out and the cover will pop right off.

• 3 weeks later...