strange xenon behave...

Started the car ...suddenly noticed left dipped xenon beam is pointing down while rightone was ok....

headlight switch was in position 0. Shut the engine and started again this time light switch in position AUTO ...light made self diagnosis and everything was ok....does anybody experienced something similar?

Have to say that I made beam pattern adjustment under the bonnet without VCDS ....but did it couple month ago aswell and nothing similar happened... my dealer just cant aim them properly...bunch of schmucks:(

If you adjusted them without VCDS then you may well have dropped the adjustment off the end of their adjuster

nope,everything was okey day earlier when I made adjustment...raised the beams a couple of turns....and after self diagnosis everything was ok...strange anyway...

If you adjusted them without VCDS then you may well have dropped the adjustment off the end of their adjuster

nope,everything was okey couple of days earlier when I made adjustment...raised the beams a couple of turns....and after self diagnosis everything was ok...strange anyway...

Sounds like the equivalent of a 'brain fart' to me.....a one off odd-ball occurrence. 

Unless it happens again of course... :o  :giggle:

They are adjusted the same as halogen lights (apart from they need hooking up with VCDS when they are adjusted) xenon’s do not have the knurled knob next to the light switch to dip them manually though as xenon’s need to have auto adjustment by law.

No switch but knobs on the headlight unit. So today everything was ok ....I dont know maybe it was so called "brain fart" at least I hope so ...let you know guys if it happens again...

Edited by fuzzz

Can you post a photo from inside the car? My RH high beam seems 'dropped' but it may just be the pattern for a RHD....

everything is ok right now cant take picture from dropped beam...or did you mean pic from a correct beam pattern?