RIP Carl (Dinski)

ChrisRs

Hi guys, I knew Carl for 22 years and we were close friends. Safe to say I'm gutted at this news as he was a wonderful guy and the world is a little less bright now he's gone.

Before his death Carl was going to do my car for me, he had genuine excitement for detailing but sadly, circumstances stopped Carl from helping with my car.

So with this in mind I would like to try it for myself as it would give me a little insight I to what my mate enjoyed to do.

What products do I need as a beginner?

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Ps I will be donating tonight

Nice to meet you Mark

Carl was passionate about Detailing, but sadly couldn't do it properly in recent Months...He would be chuffed to know youre going to give it a go

The best recommendation I can give you Mark, it to pop over here to Bingley and Ill show you How and What to use...That's what Carl did...and look what happened...he caught the Detailing Bug!!

Let me know if this is ok.

Really sorry to hear this that's the 2nd person that I've heard about that have been taken from us quickly, my thoughts are with his family.

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

Thanks so much Chris, I'm going on holiday this Friday for a fortnight so I'm going to miss the funeral which is killing me, I spoke to Amy and explained and she is fine with it and told me that Carl would want me to go on holiday with my wife (first holiday without kids for a fair few years!)

I will get back in touch on my return and it would be great to meet up and share some stories with you about my good friend Carl!

Speak soon

• Like 1

Very sad news. I'm a noob here so I've no reference point to Carl. However on the Audi forum I help moderate we lost a club regular to motor neurone disease a few years back and it sent ripples out through the community. One of our mods travelled to Cornwall for the funeral and we still collect for MND research . So I empathise with the Skoda community on the passing of a friend.

Anyone who loves and respects their motor ( along with a smidgen of OCD car cleaning) is a good 'un in my book.

I meet Chris in October and had intended a donation to Briskoda in return for his detailing expertise, however I hope it's OK to throw a few pennies into the hospice collection in memory of Carl which I shall do now.

• Like 1

Just to keep you kind and respectful posters up to date:

The Funeral Service is to be held at:

Rawdon Crematorium,

Leeds Road,

Leeds

LS19 6JP

On Wednesday, August 26 at 12.20p.m., followed by Interment at Wilsden Cemetery.

I shall be attending as a friend and on behalf of Briskoda

If anyone else wants to go, please let me know

Bright and casual clothes and only Family Flowers

Donations to Manorlands via my link below or a plate at the Service

On behalf of Amy, Charlie and family.....Thank you all for your donations and sympathy messages

Chris

As much as I am new to the forums, I know how it is like a family on here and to lose someone to this is devastating to everyone.

Having lost family and friends to 'C' and currently have family fighting in the last stages, I know how much it affects you and my condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace.

• Like 2

Thankyou from me for your donations...as said, this will continue until my Target is reached

Amy, Carl's wife, is touched by your all your comments

Thankyou, on her behalf, to those of you who met him too and felt it appropriate to pass on condolences via this thread or by card

• 1 month later...

I have finally reached my target for Sue Ryder Manorlands

https://www.justgiving.com/ChrisRsDetailing

After calling in at Carl's home yesterday..Thanks to Amy

I have made up the donations (£70) and finally reached my target of £1000

Carl bequeathed ALL his products and Detailing tools to me, which was very humbling, I shouldn't be surprised, he was that sort of guy

Thankyou finally to all you Forum members for donating. You have made a difference ...Thankyou

Chris

• Like 3

Nice to meet Chris yesterday and have the privilege of some of Carl's detailing products being used on our Audi A2. I'm thoroughly impressed with the level of attention and expertise that went into the detail and a lovely gesture that it was all for charity. I did try to offer some payment for this but Chris wasn't entertaining that!

I will post up some pictures if it's okay to show an Audi A2 on a Skoda forum and not considered marketing. Again - thanks a million and a lovely gesture for charity behind the opportunity for my car to get some TLC

• Like 1

Shame I was working so could not help on the A2 detail , identical to Sarah's when she had one, but she had the later model, (louvred grille)

Ha! Fooled you there. This is a 'later' 2004 car and I swapped the slatted grill for the smooth one which I much prefer.

• Like 1