Superb MKIII owners register

Replaced my Mk3 Octy vRS with a Superb 280 Sportline Hatch, bought ex Demo, it was the dealer principles car with 600 miles on the clock so saved a fair bit of cash on buying new. It's got a few extra's on top of the regular Sportline spec, Heated Seats, DCC, Electric Tailgate. So far I'm totally in love with it, and it's attracted a fair bit of attention from friends, and all of it positive.....which is nice :)

This weekend I had a quick session, some VCDS tweaks, Debadged the boot (Leaving Skoda Logo, but removed Skoda / Superb / 4x4 badges), fitted my Dashcam and Hardwire for my TomTom 6200. THe Columbus is good, but still not as good as the TomTom for dynamic routing and speed camera warnings.

On 3/30/2017 at 22:57, lukas883 said:

Well done Rob, looks fantastic. Best of luck :) what satnav system u got there?  i ordered amundsen 8",  just looking for some opinions on that. Im jealous now, will join 280 club in few days :D

Thanks pal! I went for the Amundsen nav. I wanted the Columbus system but it was over €1k more than Amundsen which I was not willing to pay. The dealer advised me not to go for sat nav as the car comes with smartlink (Android Auto / Car Play) and to use Google Nav but if I specced the car without nav I wouldn't have been able to get TSR plus I don't like the thought of not having any built in sat nav as a backup to phone based navigation. The Amundsen system is fine... comes with 2 SD card slots and does not have a built in HD to store files but as I stream music from Spotify this wasn't an issue. You could of course store music on the SD card slot for media. The system is fast enough for my needs and the only issue I have had with it is sometimes it does not pickup my phone via Android Auto and I either have to switch the head unit off and back on or disconnect and reconnect my phone other than that it does the job :) I was miffed when I saw the UK Sportline model comes with the Columbus system as standard but then I learned the UK models apparently don't come with heated seats or carpet mats as standard so go figure :)

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:22, CTRob said:

So I picked her up on Saturday - Superb Sportline 280

Spec:

Black magic pearlescent

19" Vega alloys
Sunroof
Progressive steering
Canton sound system
Sat navigation
Rear side airbags
Smart light assist

Traffic sign recognition

Lane assist

Blindspot detection

Electric tailgate
Factory Alarm
Front assist with ACC

Only 3 days of ownership but to say that I am in love is an understatement... what a car :)

20170325_125008.jpg

20170325_125025.jpg

20170325_125048.jpg

20170326_100528.jpg

20170327_190834.jpg

Excuse the crappy phone pics they were taken about 1 hour after collection! I will get some better pics up this weekend when she is freshly washed :)

Beautiful car rob☺best of luck with it..

Edited by SportlineBri
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CTRob said:

Thanks pal! I went for the Amundsen nav. I wanted the Columbus system but it was over €1k more than Amundsen which I was not willing to pay. The dealer advised me not to go for sat nav as the car comes with smartlink (Android Auto / Car Play) and to use Google Nav but if I specced the car without nav I wouldn't have been able to get TSR plus I don't like the thought of not having any built in sat nav as a backup to phone based navigation. The Amundsen system is fine... comes with 2 SD card slots and does not have a built in HD to store files but as I stream music from Spotify this wasn't an issue. You could of course store music on the SD card slot for media. The system is fast enough for my needs and the only issue I have had with it is sometimes it does not pickup my phone via Android Auto and I either have to switch the head unit off and back on or disconnect and reconnect my phone other than that it does the job :) I was miffed when I saw the UK Sportline model comes with the Columbus system as standard but then I learned the UK models apparently don't come with heated seats or carpet mats as standard so go figure :)

Allright, mt spec is the same apart from crew protection. Im not sure if that was you but i saw black sportline 280 on N11 in Friday, reg end on 83, but driver was a femele so i dont think that was you :p car was looking amazing. Tomorrow im picking up mine :)

DSC_0739.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lukas883 said:

Allright, mt spec is the same apart from crew protection. Im not sure if that was you but i saw black sportline 280 on N11 in Friday, reg end on 83, but driver was a femele so i dont think that was you :p car was looking amazing. Tomorrow im picking up mine :)

That was the Mrs. taken her for a spin ;)

Received mine Saturday 1st April. Superb L&K 2.0TDI 150 DSG in Quartz Grey. Extras are rear wiper, rear view parking camera, spare wheel, smart light assist, travel assist with traffic sign recognition, steering wheel with paddles. 

To keep it all in 1 post.

Here's mine 

Superb SE Technology 150 TDI 6sp manual

Pacific blue

Leather & alacantara

Bi-xenon headlights

Heated front seats

18" modus wheels

Based near Loughborough so will keep my eyes peeled for anyone else.

IMG_20170402_143654.jpg

IMG_20170401_115333.jpg

• Like 3

Collected my Moon white Sportline DSG SCR Estate yesterday from Horton Skoda in Lincoln. Nicest weekend of the year so far so we're not out and about much because we're sittin in the sun in our garden but it's legs will definitely get stretched over the next week or two.

Came with the following bits n bobs above standard:

Front sensors

Heated seats

Leccy tailgate

Wireless phone charging

(I'm told this is all fairly standard dealer-demonstrator options list)

Things I wish it had (beggars, choosers etc.):

Lane keep assist & TSR

Variable boot floor

The little flappy thing that lets you put the rear seats down from inside the boot

Some sort of connectivity so I could see if I'd locked it remotely (my Volvo key had LEDs on it that told you - very useful!)

Still though, I'm now getting over 50mpg instead of 32 and it's so smooth and comfy that I feel I'm going to enjoy every mile in it.

Happy days :)

IMG_1516.JPG

• Like 2

Hi all,

I've had a selection of big German stuff over the years, mostly 3.0 cyl diesels.  Back in 2013 I toyed with a Skoda Superb Estate mkII L&K, but in the end I settled on another big "premium" car from another German marque.  After a shocking period of poor reliability, I'd had enough and visited the good chaps at Winchester Skoda.  A test drive of a 2.0 280 L&K left me smitten and I ended up going for this from their showroom:

Superb 280 Sportline:

• Corrida Red
  • Bluetooth with wireless charging
  • Sliding trunk cover
  • Heated front seats
  • Electric boot
  • Front & rear parking sensors

Just fitted a dashcam and will post the install pics shortly.

y4mRTuLczRZl8gBfhFb194eAYcLFOT8FJ6ZjjAx_

y4mtizSsd0BHhaC2WgCq18YSF_FqBY-9nEBu3hxv

y4mHz0vSCrZhhohnqTeFb3AUmcDn8fnsI9nSmaQp

• Like 4

On 08/04/2017 at 07:29, deanhempshall said:

Based near Loughborough so will keep my eyes peeled for anyone else.

Not over that way much but will keep an eye out for you.

Collected our Moon White Superb 2.0 TDI Cr 190 L&K 4x4 DSG Estate last Thursday evening. 66 Reg with 5662 miles on the clock. Drove down to Sussex on Friday to attend a wedding (back on Monday). Gave us a good chance to see what the car is like and to get to grips with all the tech. Lovely car to drive, quiet and comfortable. Much better ride than our 2012 Santa Fe delivered. Hope it's as good a tow car though! Loved the Adaptive Cruise Control - the car almost drives itself though will have to be very careful not to get too complacent with it. Jury's out on the Lane Assist. It worked OK but not sure if I like it yet. Didn't get the chance to try out Park Assist - maybe tonight when trying to get parked in our street. Loved getting 54 mpg too. Not seen consumption figures like that since we had a Hyundai i40 as a loaner while our Santa Fe was in for repairs back in 2015.

Silver L&K Superb Hatch DSG 150ps delivered November 2016 - 5 months in, I absolutely love it :):inlove:

It's like driving a sofa honestly - so comfortable and all the features make it amazingly easy to drive. Just been up to Cheshire for the weekend (from Devon) - 59mpg on the way up, 54mpg on the way back... and I've never been the world's most economical driver! Just that the driving systems (ACC at low and high speeds, start stop etc) make it such an economical car. On course to get around 700 miles from this tank!! 

The reason I chose silver is because it works so well with the black(ish) alloys, much better than other colours IMHO. Also, there don't seem to be many silver versions around. It really does look nice! Very sporty too, which is great for a car that is also so very luxurious. The space inside is almost unbelievable - never seen such a huge amount of legroom.

The only extra I chose was the rear windscreen wiper! 

One very happy customer :)

Delivered an hour ago . . .

SEL Executive 2.0 TDI 150 Hatch

Petrol Blue

Beige leather/alcantara

Modus alloys

Heated screen

Rear wiper

Spare wheel.

Edited by IJWS15
  • Like 2

I think Petrol Blue is overtaking white in the popularity stakes at the moment! I've seen a couple in the last few days, and I very rarely see another Superb in my area.

Sadly, my comradely grins and waves don't seem to elicit a response. Although I'm sure one of them mouthed 'village idiot', or something like that... :biggrin:

• Like 2

Seconds out, round two!

Just swapped out my early build (Nov 2015) 150TDI estate for a new (my17) 220ps petrol hatch.

Cappuchino beige with beige interior. It was a cancelled order so it came with heated steering wheel with paddles, rear view camera, spare wheel, smart(dynamic ) light and traffic assist. Not options I would have chosen per se but I am not complaining.

First impressions on a 50 mile run? Loving it!! I enjoyed the diesel but petrol is my first love and it is nice to be back.

Piccies to follow tomorrow if the sun shines.

In passing I was told that the order was cancelled because it came wihout a rear wiper. I think I remember someone saying on here that they had that problem. Came from a dealer in Doncaster I think.

So, if you are on here; thanks for rejecting because it meant I didn't have to wait for a factory order. And be assured it is in good hands ;)

• Like 4

As a first introduction: collected my Begium estate 150 ps in MoonWhite end of February. Quite some comfort features and particularly fond of the 8" Admundsen, still exploring the wifi/connect features. The acc is quite ok, but the minimal distance thing is not really compatible with the rush-hour reality of other drivers mistaking the bufferzone with an invitation to change lanes :-(

Anyhow, from here i'm off to reading up on diy towbar install, roofrailing removal, and inpirations for other improvement.

cheers, eeghie

Business 'boring' grey ;)

Really enjoying it so far... you must have yours run in by now... I am resisting the urgent to redline mine, getting out each day for a drive to rack up the miles.

• Like 1

I'm at 1500km at the mo but have a Dublin to Limerick round trip next week that I am looking forward to :) Have used to paddles quite a bit and letting her go up to 5000rpm but have yet to redline her :)

1 hour ago, TTodorov said:

@Mloc please make a short pro/cons list Mazda 6 vs Superb

In general the Superb is better in every way possible :)

The Mazda on paper is nice.. but it was executed poorly IMO. It felt light and cheap. Road noise was bad, suspension and ride was rough and knocky.

It had a Bose sound system.. the non canton system in my Superb now sounds so much better, maybe because the cabin doesn't sound like I am driving on the motorway with the windows down.

I cannot think of one thing that I could list that I miss on the Mazda or that it did better than the Superb. In the last 8yrs I have owned an e60 5 series, Passat, c7 A6 and the Mazda 6.... The Superb blows them all away, I really love it.

• Like 1