Virgin Experience Day

vrskeith

Had a wet weather driving experience for my birthday at Goodwood. Got to drive a M235i around a skid pan for half an hour, with 1:1 tuition. 

Was a really good day out as Goodwood track is also open to visitors and you can go and grab a cup of tea and sit and watch any track days that are happening, had the Lotus Owners Club track day on Saturday which was good to watch. 

Everything from the new Lotus through to the Europas/Elans etc. 

I did a red letter one about 12 years ago in a Testarossa but they are limited Rev ranges and limited top speed. Was a good day but I'd say choose the car that you like that realistically you would never have a hope of owning or driving at any other time.

I had the option to drive Porsches etc but as I'd already driven Porsches on the road, doing one on a track didn't feel overly special hence the Ferrari.

So after all this delaying, managed to get a booking for early July - Porsche 911.

Not sure of spec etc. yet - Will be an enjoyable belated birthday present.

Which track Keith? Should be good fun. Maybe it will inspire you to unleash the R-wagon on track too ;-)

• Like 1

I did a red letter one about 12 years ago in a Testarossa but they are limited Rev ranges and limited top speed. Was a good day but I'd say choose the car that you like that realistically you would never have a hope of owning or driving at any other time.

I had the option to drive Porsches etc but as I'd already driven Porsches on the road, doing one on a track didn't feel overly special hence the Ferrari.

I have done a couple of experience days - first time I drove a 355 F1 and a Testarossa, second time was a DB9 and a Bentley Continental. Each time there were no rev range or speed limits, which really surprised me. The instructors are very good at quickly identifying how good/confident you are and encouraging you to push on where appropriate. A high speed lap with an instructor driving is always a real eye opener though, mega late braking and drifting through corners in a KTM X-Bow R had me giggling for days.

• Like 1

Which track Keith? Should be good fun. Maybe it will inspire you to unleash the R-wagon on track too ;-)

Tom,

Staying relatively close to home, choice for me was Thruxton or Castle Combe , so chose Combe . AstonDB9, 458 ,Atom or 911. I'm a Porsche man at heart, so plumped for the 911.  

It's on a Tuesday, so perhaps if it's quiet they might allow me a freebie to give the R  a blitz. Chance my arm on the day.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

So my choice is the 911but was offered an Ariel Atom around the Combe.

After watching this I'm very tempted to switch.