Superb III Sportline

In Ireland Sportline available from week 45 (mid October) no price lisy yet...however...Superb vRS is coming and some ppl probably want to wait until vRS will be revealed

In Ireland Sportline available from week 45 (mid October) no price lisy yet...however...Superb vRS is coming and some ppl probably want to wait until vRS will be revealed

What would you anticipate will be the difference between the sportline and the VRS superb?

What would you anticipate will be the difference between the sportline and the VRS superb?

Personally I can’t see there being a vRS as well, the Sportline is basically a vRS anyway.

Edited by Gizmo68

Personally I can see there being a vRS as well, the Sportline is basically a vRS anyway.

Sorry for the confusion - you can or can't see a vRS coming out of interest?

Well, thats info from autoexpress.uk and apparently the source of that info is skoda (kodiaq vrs and Superb vrs). We have to wait prabobly to Geneva motor for more info.

The Sport line is like a trim level, available with a number of different engines, feels to me like a more upmarket "Monte Carlo" whereas if they do a vRS I'd expect limited choices

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a visit to my local dealer today who advised me they were getting a Sportline demo any time now, and that all dealers were getting one. Skoda apparently have sent an email out telling them that they can't request specs etc and they will be getting one of a selection of models. Doubt my local dealer will be getting a 280 TSI version though. They do have a 280 L&K coming in as a demo around September time though. 

Dealer couldn't really give me too much info on the Sportline, although it has appeared on a couple of the brokers sites now. I've also been and checked out "Dragon Green" on the Czech configurator and its an interesting choice for a Superb...

I went and drove a 150bhp diesel to get a feel for the latest Superb and it was good. Everything I kinda expected, although the engine was better than I expected. Spec seems to be a bit pants, but I think it's because I've been spoilt by the Optima. Looking at the Sportline spec on the brokers sites there isn't much I'd add apart from tri-zone, rear heated seats and Canton. Seems gearshift paddles are standard. Interestingly ventilated front seats appears to be an option, which I wasn't expecting with the Sportline seats. 

Interestingly ventilated front seats appears to be an option, which I wasn't expecting with the Sportline seats. 

Hey Chris where did you see ventilated seats as an option for the sportline seats?

Hey Chris where did you see ventilated seats as an option for the sportline seats?

It's showing as an option on a couple of the broker sites. nationwide-cars.co.uk and orange wheels to name 2 of them.

It's showing as an option on a couple of the broker sites. nationwide-cars.co.uk and orange wheels to name 2 of them.

Just saw that on the nationwide site - very interesting!

I don't see vent seats on the czech or german configurator however so I wonder is it a mistake!?

Just checked out the configurator for the normal Superbs and they have extended the colour range, another six of the colours that were only previously available in CZ, including my favourite Highland Green Metallic.

Wow nice colors! Unfortunately they do not show on the Belgian configurator. You guys think you can order the car in Belgium with such a color if you have the color code?

Can anyone verify if the Sportline with the 280BHP engine will come with dual exhaust pipes exiting out the back like the regular 280 Superb or will the 280 Sportline use the same fake silver/chrome exhaust trim that the other engines use? The reason I ask is that if you look at the Superb Sportline promo video it features a white 4x4 Sportline so guessing it is a 280 engine and you can see dual exhaust pipes at the back not the fake trim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSFkVLePnQ

however if you take a look at the German configurator and spec a 280 engine (first attachment) on the next page it shows you an exterior model of the car (2nd attachment) but it appears to have the fake exhaust trim as opposed to having the exhaust pipes exit out the back (guessing the pipes turn downwards).

post-137321-0-90838100-1469178819_thumb.png

post-137321-0-77026900-1469178824_thumb.png

Edited by CTRob

I noticed that also, there are several motor show videos knocking about of a 280 Sportline and they have the real exhaust pipes showing like all the other 280's.

I noticed that also, there are several motor show videos knocking about of a 280 Sportline and they have the real exhaust pipes showing like all the other 280's.

Really? The motor show vids I've seen of the Sportline only show the fake exhaust trim!? Can you share a link please Gizmo68?

Cheers :)

If someone is interested with 280bhp model in Ireland, i have bad news :( 280 will not be available in Ireland. I was waiting for this car since day 1 when was presented in Geneva last year and now this cun... telling me that we not getting this car here.

That's reply from Skoda IE on facebook when i ask them about Sportline model.

Hi Łukasz, thanks for getting in touch and I hope you are keeping well. The Superb Sportline will be available here in Ireland early next year but will not be available on 2.0TSI 280hp engine. We are looking to introduce a 2.0TSI 190hp engine to the Sportline range, however, we do not yet have confirmation that this will be possible. I would advise you to keep in touch with your local SKODA dealer who will be updated on this information as soon as it is available. I hope that helps.

Really? The motor show vids I've seen of the Sportline only show the fake exhaust trim!? Can you share a link please Gizmo68?

Cheers :)

Your clip shows a 280 Sportline with the real exhaust trims, so does this one:

• Like 1

If someone is interested with 280bhp model in Ireland, i have bad news :( 280 will not be available in Ireland. I was waiting for this car since day 1 when was presented in Geneva last year and now this cun... telling me that we not getting this car here.

Hi Łukasz, thanks for getting in touch and I hope you are keeping well. The Superb Sportline will be available here in Ireland early next year but will not be available on 2.0TSI 280hp engine. We are looking to introduce a 2.0TSI 190hp engine to the Sportline range, however, we do not yet have confirmation that this will be possible. I would advise you to keep in touch with your local SKODA dealer who will be updated on this information as soon as it is available. I hope that helps.

This is just terrible news... why do we always get screwed over when it comes to car options in Ireland. First they make the 280 engine only available with the style trim and not L&K and now this :( Really disappointed... I was so looking forward to ordering a new sportline with the 280 engine.

Then order up in Norn Iron and export it South!

You'll also benefit from the weaker pound and get what you actually want & not what SKODA IE think you need!

Then order up in Norn Iron and export it South!

You'll also benefit from the weaker pound and get what you actually want & not what SKODA IE think you need!

Wish it was that simple but doing so would incur vehicle registration tax to register it as a southern car besides I'm not sure if Skoda UK would offer PCP/finance to Irish residents!

• Like 2

Is this because the annual "road tax" or 1st year registration fee is higher for powerful petrol engines?

DC