Superb III Sportline

According to the Skoda official press release:

"Sporty design – the new ŠKODA Superb SportLine

The new ŠKODA Superb SportLine, which will be celebrating its world premiere in Frankfurt, features a distinctly sporty appearance. Both the hatch and estate versions of the ŠKODA Superb SportLine have sporty design elements in the exterior and interior, as well as comprehensive equipment. With the exception of the respective base petrol and diesel drivetrains, the ŠKODA Superb SportLine will be available with all the current Superb engines.

The most noteworthy features of the ŠKODA Superb SportLine include the black 18- or 19-inch alloy wheels, the tinted rear side windows and back window (sunset), and the sport chassis lowered by 15 mm. The interior of the SportLine version includes a three-spoke sports steering wheel and gear knob finished in leather, sports seats with exclusive seat covers, pedals in an aluminium finish and trim elements in carbon."

I'd like to see the "sports seats with exclusive seat covers". Sounds promising.

The most noteworthy features of the ŠKODA Superb SportLine include the black 18- or 19-inch alloy wheels, the tinted rear side windows and back window (sunset), and the sport chassis lowered by 15 mm. The interior of the SportLine version includes a three-spoke sports steering wheel and gear knob finished in leather, sports seats with exclusive seat covers, pedals in an aluminium finish and trim elements in carbon."[/i]

I'd like to see the "sports seats with exclusive seat covers". Sounds promising.

The sports seats do sound nice but if they dropped the electric adjustment then they would not be any good for me (back problems)

I hate black wheels

Lowered? All the cars I have seen look low enough as they are.

Pedals can be retro fitted for €40 (Superskoda)

I have a vRS FBSW wheel is on its way which will be here well before the car lol

As the vRS Octavia loses a fair few options over an L&K I am happy with what I have ordered

It would be nice to see it made with a few exclusive colours though.

• Like 1

Gizmo68 Wrote:

As the vRS Octavia loses a fair few options over an L&K I am happy with what I have ordered
It would be nice to see it made with a few exclusive colours though.

In my eyes half the options on the L&K aren't things I long for, so if they could drop the unnecessary stuff, throw in the interesting & useful (xenons etc) like they did in the Octy VRs. I am 33, I don't need or want an electric tailgate, electric seats (fair point Gizmo), KESSY, Columbus or Ambudsmen (Columbus would be nice but a TomTom is £99), reversing camera Park Assist or whatever!

What I do want is the new tech hardware, blind spot, AFS, AAC, lane assist etc, they are useful and safer when I have a young family.

Each to there own tho, let's wait and see what Skoda have blessed (or lumbered) it with. I for one will be paying attention before considering placing an order. Gotta see what those VCDS boffins can unleash first so as not to waste unnecessary ££££ paying for stuff that's already there.

I was wanting to order an SE l by the end of the month but will hold off now to see what the craic is with the sport line. Would like to hope you order sooner rather than later as my pcp deal ends in January.

Edited by jamiemad

Gotta see what those VCDS boffins can unleash first so as not to waste unnecessary ££££ paying for stuff that's already there.

Currently the only thing I am 99% sure can be coded rather than paying for it is the Travel Assist (£85) ... but that is on a UK spec L&K so most of the options are already std, on a SE (which is likely what the Sportline will be based on if the Octavia vRS is anything to go by??) the only other thing I can see that maybe just coding is the Media Command (£85) everything else suggest there will be hardware that needs to be added.

• Like 1

Bugger! I know blind spot requires radar sensors in bumper etc & that other options may require something else to be specced first before it is able to be programmed.

Was going to spec a SE Business Estate up a bit, or strech my wallet further than I want to and grab an SEL 150TdI still with options. It's looking £2000 more than I wanted to spend, but as it might be my last car for a long while... do I risk it for a biscut?

Let's see what the sportline brings as none of the Oct trims caught my eye in standard spec bar the VRS. Lets hope the same bunch spec the superb in the same manner, it would be a result of epic proportions if the price was also similarly squeezed.

Is this just because they realised spreading the monte carlo love up to the superb didn't seem right

I doubt it, if any of the models didn’t suit the Monte badge then it is the Yeti IMO.

• Like 1

Only some hours to go before it is open for viewing cameras. I like what I see from the video, let's hope the spec matches my wishes because they will have my money if it's anywhere near close