Missing Sat Nav

Ordered my car in June and was told that the Sat Nav was coming with it as free upgrade! Car has now arrived but no Sat Nav! Apparently skoda stopped putting them in and didn't tell any of their sales staff the deal had ended!

FYI sat nav never appeared on my order form either but I watched him place the order and it had sat nav as a free option.

If my should turn up with out it I'll be getting my deposit back.

Though I guess the get out is it not being on the order form.

I'd seek further advice before you accept the car.

Perhaps see if they'll get smartlink activated for you free of charge with help from Skoda UK so you can pair an Android/Apple smartphone to it and use Google Maps or Sygic nav with it.

Go for some other goodwill too like decent accessories and a little discount on the car?

My sat nav came free as the dealer was unable to order the car without speccing either Amundsen (free option) or Columbus (paid option), hence I got free Amundsen.

If your dealer was able to order the car without adding the nav then that should be enough of a clue that the offer had ended. I seem to recall a thread on here a few weeks back about it. I'd say your dealer has slipped up.

Was thinking of not accepting unless they offered a goodwill gesture as was expecting a CD player as well which skoda in their wisdom decided to leave out without informing anyone again

Don't get me started on that one again!! Lol

Was pretty much the same on the configurator. Page defaulted to Amundsen FOC and Columbus. One HAD to be selected before you continued. None of this is very helpful to you in terms of a resolution. But I'd agree Czechers, the dealer WILL have known of this at time of order.

Even if (and it's a big if) they didn't know at the point of ordering your car, they will have known the offer had ended before they accepted delivery of your car.

They will have surely sold more cars between yours being ordered and being delivered. For your dealer to have both not checked or let you know before now is completely unacceptable. They're trying it on because it isn't written on your order.

Was pretty much the same on the configurator. Page defaulted to Amundsen FOC and Columbus. One HAD to be selected before you continued. None of this is very helpful to you in terms of a resolution. But I'd agree Czechers, the dealer WILL have known of this at time of order.

Not sure about this. I tried to order a TSI VRS in late 2013 with heated front screen when only the TDI had the option. The order was seemingly accepted. I was contacted a week later by the dealer and told it wasn't possible, because although the order seemed ok, it would get through to the factory and then be rejected. So perhaps dealers can only go by what Skoda put on the website and errors are possible.

I got some goodwill out of Skoda because my SE didn't come with the auto-dipping mirror that was falsely advertised in the spring. Although it wasn't listed in the contract the dealer had confirmed in an email that it was included, so I could probably have pressed for more, but it didn't seem worth it.

Ordered my car in June and was told that the Sat Nav was coming with it as free upgrade! Car has now arrived but no Sat Nav! Apparently skoda stopped putting them in and didn't tell any of their sales staff the deal had ended!

You must get it in writing, verbal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.

• Like 1

The free Sat nav offer finished at the end of June, it all really comes down to when the dealer actually placed your order. If your order was placed and accepted before the end of June then skoda have screwed up, if later than that its the dealers fault. Does it mention sat nav on your order form

Perhaps see if they'll get smartlink activated for you free of charge with help from Skoda UK so you can pair an Android/Apple smartphone to it and use Google Maps or Sygic nav with it.

Go for some other goodwill too like decent accessories and a little discount on the car?

Chris - I would agree with pipsypreturns plus a cheque to help contribute to a standalone sat nav. Hopefully you will have the 6.5" MIB2 unit which is faster and has the bigger screen. The std sat nav is not brilliant and after 3 yrs Skoda may charge for updates also you can take the sat nav with you if you sell up. I have a MIB1 Amundsen with sat nav and given the choice I would have a MIB2 Bolero and a better stand-alone sat nav.

Interestingly the MIB2 Nav units in the VW Golfs now come with Car-net....basically they have live services run via a Wifi connection from a telematics box in the car to a compatible smartphone (that can act as a WiFi hotspot).

You basically get weather, fuel price and live traffic information. I dont think the Skodas get this do they?