Broker purchasing experiences

I believe there are several of us purchasing through brokers.

Although we are being promised healthy discounts I think the purchasing experience will be different to those ordering through a dealer. This thread can be a reference for those considering going down the broker route to see if it's the right solution for their needs.

I've ordered through coast2coast and so far I have felt well looked after, with great comms from them and quick answers to my queries. Now that the order is in and the finance has been approved, it's a bit of a waiting game with Val stating that the next update will be in around six weeks.

Cheers

Rory

I have  been researching brokers and a common theme keeps cropping up. I don't know if this is still going on but it has been an issue that you may not be the first registered keeper and/or they hold on to the V5C.

Can you confirm for your broker orders if you will be the first registered keeper at your own address and you will be getting the V5C as soon as possible (seems to be roughly 2 weeks from DVLA)?

With coast2coast and carwow you are the 1st keep[er on the V5C not sure about how quick you get the V5C as I didn’t ask... do you get it if you are buying the car on a PCP etc or only when the car is paid off?

I'm not sure they would be value in them retaining the V5C as it is not proof of ownership. The finance agreement will show up if we ever tried to sell the cars.

One question I have is regarding the process for getting my personalised plate on the car.

Also I would have felt more comfortable if we'd been put in touch with the supplying dealer.

Cheers

Rory

I have had quotes from CarWOW and you seem to get not only the dealer's details but the person who is dealing with your purchase..... If anyone has gone down the CarWOW route and actually purchased I'd be very interested to see how smoothly it worked... The discounts seem excellent.

I have had quotes from CarWOW and you seem to get not only the dealer's details but the person who is dealing with your purchase..... If anyone has gone down the CarWOW route and actually purchased I'd be very interested to see how smoothly it worked... The discounts seem excellent.

I'm currently in the mid stage of negotiating a deal with a dealer contacted via Carwow. They've even offered to deliver the car for free (275 miles away!), even when taking mines as a trade in. Best price I got for the SE L Exec 1.4 TSI 150 DSG was from Skoda in Lincoln, but also interested in hearing how people get on with Coast2Coast, especially when working with a trade in.

Edited by Zapirian

Anyone considering ordering a high spec car with several options via coast2coast don't bother..... Skoda have rejected my order due to it being too high for a fleet vehicle ????

Anyone considering ordering a high spec car with several options via coast2coast don't bother..... Skoda have rejected my order due to it being too high for a fleet vehicle ????

Really? So Skoda don't want to sell cars. That's a good policy.

They really aren't helping their brand are they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn !! What you going to do Gizmo ??? When did you order :-(

What?! That is ludicrous!! I thought you were buying outright anyway so what difference does it make to Skoda?! Think I would be calking Skoda UK for an explanation...

Really? So Skoda don't want to sell cars. That's a good policy.

They really aren't helping their brand are they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not convinced the reason I have been given is the truth... but i will never know for sure.

Damn !! What you going to do Gizmo ??? When did you order :-(

I ordered 10 days ago.

What?! That is ludicrous!! I thought you were buying outright anyway so what difference does it make to Skoda?! Think I would be calking Skoda UK for an explanation...

Speaking to someone else they get bigger discounts when the car is purchased on finance, I intended to pay this off immediately so c2c / Jigsaw etc would not get the full discount price, this is probably why the ‘order’ has not been fulfilled??

I am not going to lose any sleep over it, the car is now re-ordered through new-car-discount.com identical spec a few quid cheaper and delivered on a trailer to my door (normally with ‘at least half a tank of fuel’) 

• Like 3

I am not convinced the reason I have been given is the truth... but i will never know for sure.

I ordered 10 days ago.

Speaking to someone else they get bigger discounts when the car is purchased on finance, I intended to pay this off immediately so c2c / Jigsaw etc would not get the full discount price, this is probably why the ‘order’ has not been fulfilled??

I am not going to lose any sleep over it, the car is now re-ordered through new-car-discount.com identical spec a few quid cheaper and delivered on a trailer to my door (normally with ‘at least half a tank of fuel’)

Nice one mate ! That's good news at least :-)

• Like 3

I ordered 10 days ago.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it, the car is now re-ordered through new-car-discount.com identical spec a few quid cheaper and delivered on a trailer to my door (normally with ‘at least half a tank of fuel’)

Is that cash or finance only?

They do both!

They will also p/x your old car if you want to (collected when the new car is delivered)

Hi Gizmo68, it sounds like I'll be in the same position soon. I was going to order high spec from C2C because people seemed to be getting on with them on here but NCD are cheaper. If you have swapped to NCD I'm tempted to put mine in to them too. Did you chat to them? Did it all sound OK? I've got plans to contact them myself after my emailed quote but haven't got around to it yet.

Edited by l4wrence

Nice one mate ! That's good news at least :-)

That company seem very competitive, does anyone know  anything about , had experience of them.  Their discounts do seem remarkably keen?.

Really ??

I've not heard anything to that effect yet, I think we ordered around the same time.

I even contacted them yesterday to request a change to the wheel type, not heard anything to suggest the order is cancelled.

Mind you, yours was a higher trim level / spec, so perhaps there's some truth in what they're saying - maybe Skoda are getting wind that too many private sales are taking place through fleet dealers and not through the normal dealer network where they make more profit?

Mine's a 150 SEL Exec 4x4 Estate with various options.

Yes I had a good chat to Nick, as I didn’t want to repeat my c2c experience.

Suffice to say I was happy enough to place my order with them.

Just had a good email conversation with him. Certainly seems to give the right answers. I will be 1st registered keeper at my own address, V5C driect from DVLA and PDI carried out at a Skoda dealer. Looks like I'll be placing an order next month (assuming the local dealer can't match that price, I'm not holding my breath)!

Yes I had a good chat to Nick, as I didn’t want to repeat my c2c experience.

Suffice to say I was happy enough to place my order with them.

Thanks so much for discussing your experience and giving me the confidence to investigate purchasing from new-car-discount.com!

Cash price £21640.50

£7000 up front (including part exchange of £6500, higher than Skoda dealers have offered me)

£199 per month over 42 months

£8820.36 final payment.

Total payable £23985.51

Quick update regarding my c2c order. I received a letter from Jigsaw finance asking me to call them and confirm the order. They also confirmed I would show as first keeper on V5C and that they could put my personal reg number on for me ahead of delivery.

I am now waiting to hear if I can physically collect the car rather than it being driven to me. The deal is through a lease office of a dealer group and I've been told (politely) not to expect a standard dealer hand over, I think it'll be a case of 'there's the keys mate - off you go!'

They also told me the car was ordered with Skoda on 3rd Sept but they didn't offer any further details or an order number.

Cheers

Rory

Quick update regarding my c2c order. I received a letter from Jigsaw finance asking me to call them and confirm the order. They also confirmed I would show as first keeper on V5C and that they could put my personal reg number on for me ahead of delivery.

I am now waiting to hear if I can physically collect the car rather than it being driven to me. The deal is through a lease office of a dealer group and I've been told (politely) not to expect a standard dealer hand over, I think it'll be a case of 'there's the keys mate - off you go!'

I do know you can have a trailered delivery instead of driven (at extra cost), not sure about collecting it yourself. Let me know if you find out!

I think he said a while ago that they come from a fleet dealer somewhere in the Birmingham area - if that gives a rough idea of how many miles you'd need to travel (or how many miles it would have on the clock when you receive it).

No issues with getting up to Brum, I'm based in Berkshire. Would prefer not to have someone else driving it tbh, I'll let you know what I find out. Did you get any indication of the trailered cost?

Cheers

Rory

Yes you can collect from the c2c dealer.