New Toledo Style Advanced

post-132607-0-29193800-1444114021_thumb.jpg

Picture above.Not sure what it is Chris  (I am a techphobe).Just has 8 buttons rather than the 6 on the unit in my previous Rapid.Also the CD slot has disappeared on the head unit and the CD player is now in the glove box.The new unit now has a proximity detector as well.

Edited by Robbydazzler
  • Like 1

Well make that 3 votes against.  My SWMBO has just come home with a brand new Leon and says the (same one) satnav display's rubbish - comparing with both the Toledo Seat Media 2.2, and the Ibiza Seat Portable System.

Did your wife only recently get the Ibiza?

I'm a little confused about the new sat nav option. When I was in the dealership the other day, I saw them advertising a £599 Garmin sat nav dealer-fit upgrade to the new touchscreen head unit now being fitted to the Rapid and others. I take it the new factory-fitted nav is not Garmin?

I know the Ibiza/Mii/Citgo one is Garmin but not sure who makes SEAT Media Plus / New Amundsen.

Surely £599 is the price if you don't already have factory Nav?

a little steep I'd say

Edited by camelspyyder

I know the Ibiza/Mii/Citgo one is Garmin but not sure who makes SEAT Media Plus / New Amundsen.

Surely £599 is the price if you don't already have factory Nav?

a little steep I'd say

If you have the new-style media unit that Robbydazzler has (but without the nav) - think of it as a new-style Bolero - then for £599 you can have an add-on module fitted behind the dash that adds Garmin nav to the unit itself, using the built-in screen (rather than an external removable nav unit like the Citigo). That's the £599 offer.

As for the version with built-in nav - curious to see if that is Garmin, or if it is Amundsen-like.

Robbydazzler - any chance you can post a pic of the nav display please, rather than the radio display?

Cheers

Chris

The handling and ride on the diesel are markedly worse than the TSi - I think any kilos they can get off the front axle would be a great idea.

I test drove a Toledo TDi back to back with this heap:

DSC0000049_zpsnhjmzwca.jpg

and the heap had a smoother diesel engine and an equal ride - all for £16500 less :)

I didn't buy a TDi after that :)

A Proton Wira! Brings back memories, my mother had one :)

A Proton Wira! Brings back memories, my mother had one :)

I bought it just to commute in for 5 months (prior to going overseas for 6 months - I didn't want a new car to sit on the drive that long)

In the end I didn't have to go away, so I bought a brand new car - then soon afterwards my employer sent me somewhere else overseas for 5 months - bugger.

Edited by camelspyyder

Just had a look at the 1.4 tdi dsg toledo.

This is the new se model (base).

In the boot, it's flat, the battery is still under the bonnet on this engine.

There is a black and white touch screen stereo,5 inch. It looks terrible, they should have just left it as a normal single din stereo.

The new stereo looks like and old black and white tv, remember the ones you used to get with a 12v adapter lol

• Like 1

Just had a look at the 1.4 tdi dsg toledo.

This is the new se model (base).

In the boot, it's flat, the battery is still under the bonnet on this engine.

There is a black and white touch screen stereo,5 inch. It looks terrible, they should have just left it as a normal single din stereo.

The new stereo looks like and old black and white tv, remember the ones you used to get with a 12v adapter lol

I could be wrong, but I thought it was just for the 1.6 diesel that they shifted the battery to the boot?

The 1.4 TDi always looked a lot more compact to me (its a vastly different engine to the 1.6 really), leaving room for a battery box in the engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed yesterday that during start/stop traffic the windscreen wipers,which were set to the first slow wipe position,went to intermittent wipe when I was stationery.This seems a good odea but is it normal?

I noticed yesterday that during start/stop traffic the windscreen wipers,which were set to the first slow wipe position,went to intermittent wipe when I was stationery.This seems a good odea but is it normal?

Some people pay extra for that... Of course i'm joking but most of us have enabled it on our Rapids with vagcom/carista! It's what you pay extra for in an audi! That and teardrop wipes :-)

Proton Wira was a friggin awesome rally car tho!

Well it was a Lancer Evo in drag so it should have been awesome.

Satria won the Super 1600 British Championship in 2000 as well.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...

In the summer I went on a journey of 100 miles on rural A roads and returned 64 mpg in my previous 86 PS Petrol Rapid.Today I went for a similar journey in my new Petrol Toledo 110PS and returned 55 mpg.The first journey was in hot weather (though it's not cool today) and the car had done 8000miles.The new one has done just under 1000 miles.In urban motoring the Toledo is doing a few less mpg than the Rapid but I suspect with a few more miles on the clock the consumption will be very similar.It is strange but with my style of driving the MY15 86PS engine seemed slightly perkier than the MY16 110PS.However since the number of gears and therefore ratios are different this may be an illusion.

• 4 months later...

Had my Toledo just shy of four weeks, finding this thread quite interesting, I too was missing the SD card for satnav on collection, and no Illuminated dash inlays. After various stories Seat Head office have now conceded brochure error for the latter, and is to be corrected in the April version allegedly.

• Like 2

Surprised to see this thread revived but since it has been just a few observations after 4K miles and 6 months.Now the engine has loosened the 110 ps performance is definetely superior (acceleration) to the 86 ps.I do not rate the ride on 17 inch wheels as it is quite harsh.Kessy is great and I really miss it on the wife's Dacia.MPG is about the same as the 86 ps engine.The arm rest is a complete pain and totally useless.It is permanently vertical.The autolock at 5

mph seems to have disappeared (if I ever had it on this model) and there seems no way to reinstate it if I wanted too.The solid paint seems as glossy and durable as metallic.

Edited by Robbydazzler
  • Like 1

Surprised to see this thread revived but since it has been just a few observations after 4K miles and 6 months.Now the engine has loosened the 110 ps performance is definetely superior (acceleration) to the 86 ps.I do not rate the ride on 17 inch wheels as it is quite harsh.Kessy is great and I really miss it on the wife's Dacia.MPG is about the same as the 86 ps engine.The arm rest is a complete pain and totally useless.It is permanently vertical.The autolock at 5

mph seems to have disappeared (if I ever had it on this model) and there seems no way to reinstate it if I wanted too.The solid paint seems as glossy and durable as metallic.

I have a new 2016MY Toledo Style (not the 'Advanced' version) but it has the same media-nav system.   I can select or de-select the autolocking function using the Car, then Settings, menu.   In mine it is in a sub-menu (if IIRC) along with one or two other options, e.g. to select whether one press on the key fob unlocks all the doors or just the driver's door.   Slightly different, I guess, as the Style doesn't have the KESSY system - you have to use the key/fob (shock horror!) - but can't think of any reason why the autolock function shouldn't be in there somewhere (if there is a reason, I guess that someone will be along to explain shortly...).

• Like 2

Have you played with the tyre pressure, mine was really harsh, but dropped pressure to 33 psi (I think from memory, it certainly came down) and it made a real difference.

• Like 1