New Toledo Style Advanced

Derek I spoke to the salesman about the missing cornering foglights and he agreed with the thought that Seat may have removed the feature because of complaints that it could be dangerous in certain circumstances (i.e other drivers mistaking it for a "come on" signal).To be quite honest I am still debating whether this is a desirable feature or not and at the moment it is something I have never had so never missed.You,I believe,have had them before?How do you rate them?Have  you had any joy with Seat customer service over their ommision?

As far as I can see the following two things are missing from what was advertised in the spec.

Illuminated black dashboard insert

cornering foglights

Everything else appears to be there.

Edited by Robbydazzler

Are cornering fogs not selectable in your Whizzy "Car Settings" menu on the new Amundsen?

I find they're very useful for highlighting kerbs in town at night.

Does the light up dash only work when the exterior lights are on?

Edited by camelspyyder

Camelspyyder I went through all the options on the "settings" menu this morning and changed the temperature to fahrenheit (I am old after all) for instance  but I did not see any option for cornering foglights.The "seatwell" lights work in conjunction with the courtesy li

ghts .I would suspect that the illuminated dash insert does the same but since it is missing I cannot confirm.

Cornering fogs were deleted from the cars with LED headlamps, but I don't think yours has those?

I just checked Carista (which seems to offer the same options as Amundsen 3) and that doesnt have cornering light options either.

I like Farenheit too, although the first time I clocked the oil temp at 203 degrees was a bit of a surprise :)

• Like 1

Derek I spoke to the salesman about the missing cornering foglights and he agreed with the thought that Seat may have removed the feature because of complaints that it could be dangerous in certain circumstances (i.e other drivers mistaking it for a "come on" signal).To be quite honest I am still debating whether this is a desirable feature or not and at the moment it is something I have never had so never missed.You,I believe,have had them before?How do you rate them?Have you had any joy with Seat customer service over their ommision?

As far as I can see the following two things are missing from what was advertised in the spec.

Illuminated black dashboard insert

cornering foglights

Everything else appears to be there.

That's sounds like a load of rubish from the salesman,bloods of other manufacturers are still offering cornering light - I think it's a feature that can be turned on using vagcom or equivalent.

• Like 1

The reason I have not persued the lack of cornering foglights is because of the derogatary comments I have read about them.Typical of these comments is the one below from a Seat Cupra forum

"Ok, I've only had this car since Monday and already the pointless cornering lights are driving me mad. They just look stupid, like when sat behind a car at the roundabout waiting with some small degree of lock on the steering wheel and you have one fog light on! WTF?

It looks as if you only have one fog light working and you can see people looking at the front thinking whats that all about? Also, when they are constantly going on and off say for example over a series of several roundabouts it looks to the person in front that you are flashing your fogs at them....

Who's stupid idea was it to add this "feature"? furious.gif

Please, please, can someone tell me how to disable this pointless feature? funky.gif"

As you will appreciate this is making me think I might just be better without them!!!!

Opinion on them seems  to be evenly divided with many people believing them to be brilliant.

Edited by Robbydazzler

seatcupra.net is a hangout for people with "individual" tastes in cars I have to say - slammed leons and ibizas mostly.

they're all obsessed with a cars looks and all love to change stuff for the sake of it.

obviously they know much better than VAG who put this safety feature on almost everything they build.

• Like 1

I had the dealer disable the cornering fogs on mine before I picked it up. I hate the feature and wouldn't have bought the car if they couldn't be disabled that's how much I don't like the feature.

• Like 1

I noticed mine the other night, before you even get to turn they activate when indicating to turn, or on a tight bend.

Can't say they bother me that much, I don't go out much when it's dark but now winter is a coming I will have to. :D

• Like 1

I've not really noticed having them, other than lighting up the pedestrian I wouldn't have seen! (They were wearing black and looked like they wouldn't have noticed, or probably still didn't notice me!) I do however, like the fact that they come in when I'm reversing - which I realise is an odd statement as when reversing you are going backward but none the less I think it's quite good.

Seat customer service just got back to me, and started my vehicle doesn't come with front cornering lights and illuminated black dash insert.

I then asked, can you please tell me the model of toledo that comes with black illuminated dash, she replied none.

I then asked her, to check there own website, and the spec of the car, that she did, and all of a sudden says, "I'll get back to you sir"

Pathetic attempt to fob me off, but to be honest, the whole seat experience, from dealers to customer care had always been terrible since I've being using them.

I know allot moan about skoda dealers, but, I've yet to find a good dealer with seat.

Just completed 250 miles in the Toledo with 110 PS engine.All journeys have been urban and the car returned 40mpg.Pretty pleased with that considering how tight the engine is after so few miles.

Derek yes the wife,being the ultimate arbiter of good taste,says she preferred the display on the Sat Nav in the old Rapid.Personally I think the sat nav function is better in the new Toledo as you can specify down to Street and number therein.As you say the head unit is a little cluttered but consequently you can do much more with it.The speedo/revcounter displays are beginning to grow on me and with the engine loosening up the performance is gradually improving both power and mpg wise.Overall very pleased so far.

Well make that 3 votes against.  My SWMBO has just come home with a brand new Leon and says the (same one) satnav display's rubbish - comparing with both the Toledo Seat Media 2.2, and the Ibiza Seat Portable System.

Edited by camelspyyder

Well make that 3 votes against.  My SWMBO has just come home with a brand new Leon and says the (same one) satnav display's rubbish - comparing with both the Toledo Seat Media 2.2, and the Ibiza Seat Portable System.

I'm a little confused about the new sat nav option. When I was in the dealership the other day, I saw them advertising a £599 Garmin sat nav dealer-fit upgrade to the new touchscreen head unit now being fitted to the Rapid and others. I take it the new factory-fitted nav is not Garmin?