Panoramic roof

D4V3

I like the panoramic roof and wouldn't mind paying the extra cost for it. My only concern is the impact on wind noise, since the point of it is to increase overall comfort of being in the car.

Does anyone have experience of the Fabia 3 noise for solid roof vs glass roof (blinds closed) vs glass roof (blinds open)?

Thanks

Recently took delivery of a Fabia III with the panoramic roof. Test drove one with a steel roof. There is no difference in noise level hat I can discern, blinds closed or open. Glass merely replaces thin steel and is part of the structure. It does not open so no seals to worry about.

I am genuinely pleased I went for this lovely roof...it makes the interior so light.

Just go for it, you won't be disappointed.

post-6014-0-53882800-1442152099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Which is great when it's to hot to open your sunroof [emoji1]

Amen. And the Panoramic Roof ain't gonna leak or throw a hissy one day when it refuses to close - in a car park - when you are late for a function - miles from home - with rain, or worse, imminent. Or all of the above as you arrive in an airport car park. Yup, always look on the bright side.

• Like 1

For that pleasure the cost of them would be more though would it not.?

Skoda can charge you £600 on some trims for that nice bit of glass audi A1 £690 & Vw polo £860

Both open fully the seat ibiza is £495(but it only lifts up) [emoji4]

Edited by daydotz

Skoda can charge you £600 on some trims for that nice bit of glass audi A1 £690 & Vw polo £860

Both open fully the seat ibiza is £495(but it only lifts up) [emoji4]

The Ibiza price is the, relative, bargain. Cost on the Polo is worthy of **** Turpin.

In the UK Polos sell lots. A1's a fair few.  Ibizas not very many 

& as to the All new third generation Fabias we will see with the passage of time, they might well change what is on them as standard, options and choices depending on if they ever become as good a seller for Skoda as Mk1 & Mk2's were.

Remembering that all the Skoda models Citigo, Octavia, Superb & Fabia put together & sold in a year in the UK do not come to half what Ford sell just in Fiestas.

Some VAT Free offers might be needed first and a better choice of engines.

Amen. And the Panoramic Roof ain't gonna leak or throw a hissy one day when it refuses to close - in a car park - when you are late for a function - miles from home - with rain, or worse, imminent. Or all of the above as you arrive in an airport car park. Yup, always look on the bright side.

- you forgot the electrical windows, the keyless start button, AC, door locks and not to mention the starter and all of those small painful gadgets that won't work either when you really need them... :D

I had this discussion with my dad, who drives an X1 with a panoramic sunroof. He reckons beyond the initial gimmick of the sunroof, he doesn't open it anymore, but loves having the blinds open to let the light in, so I'm hoping I won't miss it when I get mine with the glass roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- you forgot the electrical windows, the keyless start button, AC, door locks and not to mention the starter and all of those small painful gadgets that won't work either when you really need them... :D

No, didn't forget them, but we weren't discussing those items. Does no-one read any humour into posts any longer?