mk2/ facelift

The facelift applied to both the Spaceback and the Rapid. It was very minor.

It included:

New engine models

Deletion of front wing side indicators

Replacement of wing mirrors with new unit incorporating side indicators

New in-car entertainment options (new model Amundsen, new model Bolero)

New cloth and alloy wheel options (nothing major)

Others will chip in if I've missed anything, but I'm pretty sure that is everything of note. As facelifts go it was very subtle.

Thought TPMS was added before the facelift?

Also, what does RLS stand for.

OP - i forgot about the new instrument cluster, it's not a huge change, but I think it is neater. Many of the warning lights have been moved to their own panel between the two dials and below the Maxidot.

maybe TPMS was added before, could be..but it is mandatory from this year on (new regulations)

Rain Light Sensor ..or it has just LS don't know for sure..anyway CH/LH is now possible with facelift

New instrument cluster

RLS

TPMS

Front park sensors

Front assist

KESSY

SmartGate / SmartLink

New headlights (drl LED)

thats more of a model year change than a facelift, facelift usually involves reworked panels, etc, or as needed for the rapid an octavia style interior upgrade, binning the 1980`s style plastic dash, restyling the austin maestro profile of the spaceback

Edited by cortina63

or a complete new range of engines?

When you have just established a very defined corporate look - (Fab 3 just caught up) why change panels for the sake of it?

When introduced, Skoda did bang on about  "a new design direction, classic, timeless"

• Like 2

or a complete new range of engines?

When you have just established a very defined corporate look - (Fab 3 just caught up) why change panels for the sake of it?

When introduced, Skoda did bang on about  "a new design direction, classic, timeless"

the engines are not new, just remapped, think the side profile of the spaceback is neither classic or timeless as they put it

the engines are not new, just remapped, think the side profile of the spaceback is neither classic or timeless as they put it

I understood the new ea211 had cambelts not chains amongst other improvements?

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/skoda-2016-model-year-safer-emotive-interconnected-eco-friendly/

Edited by camelspyyder

As far as I understand it there is a new range of engines with the facelift certainly to the Rapid.For instance the new engines have 16 valves whereas the old ones had 8.My old Rapid had the 86PS engine while the new Toledo has 110PS.Strangley the wife says that she thinks the old engine had more oomph,however it had done 8000 miles whilst the new one is as tight as a d----s a--e.The gear ratios also differ (5/6 gears).

I popped into my local dealership today and spent a few minutes looking over the Facelift Spaceback they had.

Noticed the roof-mounted aerial has been dropped as well, replaced with a wondow element aerial on the passenger side rear quarter light. It is very subtle and took me a while to even see it.