Angelwax The Fifth Element Review

Hunty278

Afternoon all,

It had been a while since the wifes Focus CC had a bit of attention so I thought I should give it a bit of a treat.

So it was washed, clayed with AW Glide Clay Block (great product BTW) and a cleanse with Britemax Black Max. It's the first time I have used Black Max. I loved it, it disappeared into the paint to leave a great finish.

Once the car was done, I gave it a coat of DJ SNH for some lasting protection as this is it's winter prep. I think my SNH has 'Gone Off'. It is 4 years old now and it didn't want to spread that well on the paint which made applying it a bit of a chore, but I got it done and then got The Fifth Element out.

So, bearswaxfactory say

"Angelwax Fifth Element 30ml is a high end detailing wax which gives an extreme gloss show quality finish and great durabilty.

Blended from a complex recipe of four top end waxes plus a secret fifth element which Angelwax are keeping a secret this is a seriously high quality product and perfect for detailers of all skill levels.

Easy to apply

Goes a long long way

Extreme gloss and depth of colour

High durabilty 3-4 months"

Now, it didn't have any instructions on the pot, but having used a few Angelwax waxes in the past, I applied to two panels at a time and then buffed off.

It loaded on the pad really easily and it spreads a long way! I cannot believe how little I used on the whole car, I've bearly made a dent in the 30ml pot. It smells great, kind of like Amoxicilin (the childrens yellow antibiotic medicine) and I could compare it to spreading like CG 50/50.

Now, having used Angelwax waxes a few times, they can be a little tricky to remove if you leave it too long. This is a massive step in the right direction from AW. The Fifth Element is much easier to use than the likes of Desireable. I left some parts a little longer to see if was more difficult to remove and it was a breeze! Here it is curing on the wing.

20150920_123115_zpslfsjivdl.jpg

And removed after a few minutes.

20150920_123249_zps87ks2pzb.jpg

20150920_123246_zps6ya5lfqm.jpg

It really added to the gloss levels, as ypou would expect a show wax to. So I made my way around the car.

20150920_124437_zps5unrqf35.jpg

20150920_124445_zpsqcu0chj7.jpg

20150920_124453_zpscgtnbjzv.jpg

20150920_124509_zpsrnn0hj7y.jpg

I'm really impressed and if the durability is as stated, it should be a belter. The only sticking point is the initial outlay; £20 for a sample is expensive. Having said that, 30ml will get you at least 5 layers on a car of a focus size. I will keep this thread updated with durability and water behaviour.

Thanks for reading everyone!

• Like 4

Very nice indeed Neil - thanks for sharing!

Certainly impressed that Angelwax were dishing out these as freebies at some point. You lucky man! :rock:

The pictures through the detail capture the layering very well - great gloss boost seen with the LSP chosen.

Let's see how water behaviour and durability pan out then.... awaiting your updates! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Very nice indeed Neil - thanks for sharing!

Certainly impressed that Angelwax were dishing out these as freebies at some point. You lucky man! :rock:

The pictures through the detail capture the layering very well - great gloss boost seen with the LSP chosen.

Let's see how water behaviour and durability pan out then.... awaiting your updates! :thumbup:

Thanks buddy! Iknow; lucky lad indeed.

It's a belter mate. Beading, as expected, is excellent; photo is on its way! The gloss boost from this is fantastic.

Had a message from Matt at AW as to why this wax is so good over ceramic coatings.

The "Fifth Emelement" within the wax is specifically there to aid bonding to ceramic coatings. They will not divulge any further infomation.

Updates will be along, of course buddy! Some great reviews coming from a few people, really enjoying them at the moment. It's a shame Bob isn't in on them, please say hi to him next time you have a catch up, Ste.

How was the beer festival too? Hope you had a great time mate!

• Like 1

Thanks buddy! Iknow; lucky lad indeed.

It's a belter mate. Beading, as expected, is excellent; photo is on its way! The gloss boost from this is fantastic.

Had a message from Matt at AW as to why this wax is so good over ceramic coatings.

The "Fifth Element" within the wax is specifically there to aid bonding to ceramic coatings. They will not divulge any further infomation.

Updates will be along, of course buddy! Some great reviews coming from a few people, really enjoying them at the moment. It's a shame Bob isn't in on them, please say hi to him next time you have a catch up, Ste.

How was the beer festival too? Hope you had a great time mate!

The Weekend was awesome thanks.... perhaps too much beer and food; but the weather played ball and a great end to summer. :beer:

A nice warm-up event for the next couple of beer festivals due.... and a mini meet with the detailing clan next month  ;)

Now that does sound interesting on the 5th element they elude to then..... lots of interest in wax options for ceramic coatings.

This would explain the initial cost hike; as the extra chemical ingredient isn't cheap..... from what I have heard.

Anyway - raining heavy here now - so beading shots aplenty.... :rain:

• Like 1

Sounds like you've heard more than I have on this. Well, whatever Chemical it is, it does a great job on a normal car over the top of a durable paste sealant. I've got Nano Paint Protect to put on the skoda at some point, so will try it on that before I send it on to you buddy.

Glad you had a nice time, I had a few beers watching the rugby, then finished off with Port. Bad idea, I was rough as a badgers behind the day after. Oops! The beer wasn't weak either! hahaha.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

A quick update on this. I used my full sized pot the other week and popped another layer on yesterday. It was a bit warmer than the last time I used it at around 15 degrees celcius, and I would say do a couple of panels and then remove. The results are still outstanding and it is by far my favourite wax. Will see about durability on its own now and keep you updated. Here are a few results from the last time.

IMG_20160322_165502_zpsblcggu34.jpg

IMG_20160322_165513_zpsa2amjumz.jpg

IMG_20160322_165442_zpsioagtzmb.jpg

IMG_20160322_165429_zpsqo5weq6d.jpg

IMG_20160322_165410_zpsj1qxdy3j.jpg

IMG_20160322_165417_zpshntloyc3.jpg

And a quick beading shot from this morning.

IMG_20160404_073244_zps3eoa05zv.jpg

I'll keep this thread updated with durability.

• Like 2

A quick update on this. I used my full sized pot the other week and popped another layer on yesterday. It was a bit warmer than the last time I used it at around 15 degrees celcius, and I would say do a couple of panels and then remove. The results are still outstanding and it is by far my favourite wax. Will see about durability on its own now and keep you updated. Here are a few results from the last time.

IMG_20160322_165502_zpsblcggu34.jpg

IMG_20160322_165513_zpsa2amjumz.jpg

IMG_20160322_165442_zpsioagtzmb.jpg

IMG_20160322_165429_zpsqo5weq6d.jpg

IMG_20160322_165410_zpsj1qxdy3j.jpg

IMG_20160322_165417_zpshntloyc3.jpg

And a quick beading shot from this morning.

IMG_20160404_073244_zps3eoa05zv.jpg

I'll keep this thread updated with durability.

Looking good Neil!

The beading looks great! One wax I'm interested in trying myself!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good Neil!

The beading looks great! One wax I'm interested in trying myself!

As Karl says - looks stunning Neil! Performing very well.

Karl - i still have the test pot here that Neil kindly donated.

So not sure if you want to grab it when you are over Wednesday?

Just let me know buddy :thumbup:

• Like 2

As Karl says - looks stunning Neil! Performing very well.

Karl - i still have the test pot here that Neil kindly donated.

So not sure if you want to grab it when you are over Wednesday?

Just let me know buddy :thumbup:

Excellent stuff mate yes I'll grab that! Cheers
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to trying 'The Fifth Element' sample from Neil.

First impressions are fantastic. Very easy on & buffs off with no issues. I took it in my interest to follow Neils instructions on this thread, 2 panels at a time and buff off. Worked a treat so thanks for that!

The gloss and finish on the paint is impeccable. Had a few people comment on it last night about how wet the car looked & Gloss levels.

The paint was prepared before hand with a pre wax cleanser from Auto Perfection, I'll review that in another thread to not take this off topic!

All in all, a cracking wax & dare I say worth the £110 price tag!

Thanks Neil for the sample & thanks to Stephen for passing it on!

Cheers

Karl.

5747f9d65a5d41b693892700a66771d2.jpg7c8792838f4f937eb667e378f75e758c.jpg5e94becddf635e3cda58ed16b489229b.jpgc082625dba1a6a64af7525e1b96d685a.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got round to trying 'The Fifth Element' sample from Neil.

First impressions are fantastic. Very easy on & buffs off with no issues. I took it in my interest to follow Neils instructions on this thread, 2 panels at a time and buff off. Worked a treat so thanks for that!

The gloss and finish on the paint is impeccable. Had a few people comment on it last night about how wet the car looked & Gloss levels.

The paint was prepared before hand with a pre wax cleanser from Auto Perfection, I'll review that in another thread to not take this off topic!

All in all, a cracking wax & dare I say worth the £110 price tag!

Thanks Neil for the sample & thanks to Stephen for passing it on!

Cheers

Karl.

5747f9d65a5d41b693892700a66771d2.jpg7c8792838f4f937eb667e378f75e758c.jpg5e94becddf635e3cda58ed16b489229b.jpgc082625dba1a6a64af7525e1b96d685a.jpg

Wow - the results on your vRS look absolutely stunning Karl.

Many thanks to Neil for spreading the good news and sharing this sample of Angelwax :thumbup:

• Like 2

Many thanks to Neil for spreading the good news and sharing this sample of Angelwax :thumbup:

Cheers buddy! Really good wax! Hardly used any of the pot either!

• Like 1

I thought that when i checked the pot as Neil sent it. Seems a little goes a long way. :thumbup:

Just waiting on the beading pics now.... ;)

• Like 2

Agree, the car looks stunning Karl! You're very welcome boys, great to be able to trial loads of products between us, rather than footing the cost individually.

I thought that when i checked the pot as Neil sent it. Seems a little goes a long way. :thumbup:

Just waiting on the beading pics now.... ;)

Absolutely boys, I reckon a sample pot could do 6-8 layers on the focus, quite easily! Love a Fifth Element Beading Pic! The water behaviour is ridiculous!

• Like 2

Agree, the car looks stunning Karl! You're very welcome boys, great to be able to trial loads of products between us, rather than footing the cost individually.

Absolutely boys, I reckon a sample pot could do 6-8 layers on the focus, quite easily! Love a Fifth Element Beading Pic! The water behaviour is ridiculous!

You could coat a car 8 times easy with the sample pot I'd guess!

• Like 1