Egr woes

Philtaxi

High newbie to the site and to skoda. I have a superb 2.0 crtdi elegance combi dsg and I'm experiencing flashing glowplug light and eml light on. Skoda assist came out and diagnosis was egr fault. So I took it into skoda in Oswestry where they confirmed egr codes.I have 12 month warranty so let them get on with it.they had it for a week and rang to say it was fixed.when I asked if they had changed the egr I had a shock when they said they had removed it and found that it looked ok so they put it back on the car and cleared the codes.they took it for test drive and said all was OK? ? However because there was no part to send back to skoda they have billed me for the labour which I'm now contesting. What is the point of the warranty I've only had the car 3 months and it has broke down 3 times already. Probably won't like this just got rid of ford mondeo mark 4 tit x tdci 220,000 on the clock still on same clutch. Not impressed with skoda to say the least.

Edited by Philtaxi

I assume it is Skoda's one year used car warranty?

Tell the dealer to go whistle!

The car is under warranty, it covers parts AND labour.

If the dealer chose not to replace the EGR valve due to no fault found then that is their choice. There is therefore an undiagnosed fault somewhere, the EML and glowplug light don't light up for the fun of it.

Ring Skoda UK and ask them to look into it for you.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Is it used as a taxi (jumping to conclusions due to your username)?

The only reason I ask is because I thought Skoda listed some exemptions in their warranty for when the car is used as a taxi? I could be wrong though.

Could this be the reason the garage is trying to charge you?

This is from Skoda UK's website for their extended warranty, no mention of their standard new car warranty or their one year used car warranty so I guess that there are no exclusions for use as a taxi...

Cover Eligibility

To be eligible to benefit from this cover, you must confirm the following statements are correct:

• You don't live in the Isle of Man or the Channel Isles
  • You are not in the motor trade or deal with the buying, selling or repairing of motor vehicles
  • You are not looking to use the vehicle for anything other than personal use
  • You are not looking to use the vehicle for hire or reward (taxi), business, courier services or emergency services use
  • Your vehicle has not done more than 100,000 miles
  • Your vehicle was not manufactured by anyone other than ŠKODA
  • Your vehicle is not a kit car, grey import or powered by fuel cell(s) or LPG
  • Your vehicle has not been modified from the manufacturers' specification (manufacturer fitted optional extras are not classed as being a modification)
  • You must make sure your vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule

Skoda have come back to me and told the dealer that I'm not liable for anything. All covered under warranty. Car broke down again today flashing glowplug light same as before gone back to skoda just waiting to hear what they say next. Cars and women bane of our lives.

• Like 2

I got the 12 month approved used warranty on my 2010 car last June and had the EGR go after just over a month. All was replaced and labour covered under the warranty without any issues. I'd contact Skoda UK and see what they say.

I did get in touch with skoda and have told me they will get in touch with dealer to tell them that all is covered under warranty.

I had the car back on Wednesday didn't even last the day broke down again. Back into skoda saw there head tech and he told me when they had the car first time even though it came in with a fault there was no code stored and they were unable to get the car to replicate the same fault. That's why they never replaced it only checked it. However this time I never turned the car off until he stuck the computer on it with codes there. He saw the egr codes straight away this tme parts ordered now even the wiring loom so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I did get in touch with skoda and have told me they will get in touch with dealer to tell them that all is covered under warranty.

I had the car back on Wednesday didn't even last the day broke down again. Back into skoda saw there head tech and he told me when they had the car first time even though it came in with a fault there was no code stored and they were unable to get the car to replicate the same fault. That's why they never replaced it only checked it. However this time I never turned the car off until he stuck the computer on it with codes there. He saw the egr codes straight away this tme parts ordered now even the wiring loom so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

How is Oswestry? I used to call in on Cadwallader haulage selling parts, I think theyve gone now