BJX Remap Question

JamesT

Hi guys,

I know ive sold the fabia and i know own a Polo GTI, but as i know your all extremely knowledgeable thought id give you guys a crack at this question as im sure some of you have crossed a BJX engine before. 

Probably the wrong section to ask in so please excuse me for that. But here goes.

Ive got a 57 plate Polo 9N3 Gti with the 150Bhp 1.8T 20v BJX engine, I've had it for around a year now and am looking at getting a remap. After doing some research i found that the BJX suffers from weaker con rods than other VW engines. Just wondering what limits a remap can be taken to before it starts to stress the internals? As super chips offer an increase to 187BHP and 266Nm, where Revo for example offer 207BHP and 316Nm. Is super chips lower for the purpose of not pushing it to the extreme?

Just looking for a bit more insight on this and whats the best option? Also what would the members here suggest is better, Cotton or Foam filters as replacements for stock?

Cheers in advance 

RamJam

I've mapped a seat ibiza with same engine and that made 200bhp and has been fine.

The main 1.8T tuners, Rtech and Badger5 have no problems maxing the K03s on stock BJX internals, so 240ish BHP.

Probably not the best place to ask as the Fabia never got the 1.8T as standard.

Cheers for the replies, i did wonder that but could really find a section it could go in, what torque figures did you get? as its not the BHP that kills the engine its the torque?

Cheers for the replies, i did wonder that but could really find a section it could go in, what torque figures did you get? as its not the BHP that kills the engine its the torque?

That and silly filters, stick with the stock filter, seriously.

Go with a mild remap, the Polo is not such a strong or stable platform as the Golf derived cars, since you'll want to be able to actually enjoy driving it rather than just eating front tyres and wrestling with the wheel, not to mention gulping superplus like it's going out of fashion.

That and silly filters, stick with the stock filter, seriously.

Go with a mild remap, the Polo is not such a strong or stable platform as the Golf derived cars, since you'll want to be able to actually enjoy driving it rather than just eating front tyres and wrestling with the wheel, not to mention gulping superplus like it's going out of fashion.

Think superchips is the way to go then with their tame and driveable map, plus 30bhp and 30nm odd of torque is gonna be noticable, Cheers for the advice bud.

I had revo stage1 software on a 2007 Polo GTi without any problems, it transformed the car. The only thing that did annoy me with the map was the fact that the throttle pedal was very sensitive and Revo do not offer a linear throttle pedal option on this engine code. Hindsight being a wonderful thing I should have got a custom map with a linear throttle, it would have made the car a better drive.

As mentioned above, they drink the fuel nicely if you enjoy the performance.

Have a read on here, there is some good info http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=51

I had revo stage1 software on a 2007 Polo GTi without any problems, it transformed the car. The only thing that did annoy me with the map was the fact that the throttle pedal was very sensitive and Revo do not offer a linear throttle pedal option on this engine code. Hindsight being a wonderful thing I should have got a custom map with a linear throttle, it would have made the car a better drive.

As mentioned above, they drink the fuel nicely if you enjoy the performance.

Have a read on here, there is some good info http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=51

Cheers bud, ill have a read :)

Think superchips is the way to go then with their tame and driveable map, plus 30bhp and 30nm odd of torque is gonna be noticable, Cheers for the advice bud.

Get a proper stage 1 map rather than a superchips... superchips may be easy but a proper mapper is going to put it on the dyno, make sure the engine is running ok etc first and not just plug, play, boom!

Seriously, you won't be able to kill this engine with torque/power with a K03s.

Mine isn't finished as it was under fuelling due to a knackered fuel pump:

IMAG0265_2.jpg

Needs to go back for a map tweak and redyno now I've sorted the pump... its quick though :)