Folding Exterior Mirrors

dustrat

I assume that's a 2010 not a 2110...

The wiring probably won't be there but if you have the correct door controllers I think it's only one additional wire. The biggest problem is probably sourcing a pair as they are quite rare - something I'm looking into myself. Do you have an autoscan?

This thread probably would be better in the O2 section too.

Sorry about date, yes 2010, wishing my life away. Not quite sure what you mean about autoscan.I understand I will have change control knob. I had this option on my previous Superb and now when I go supermarket car parks I have to manually fold mirrors.

Robert

An autoscan is generated by VCDS, it's third party diagnostic equipment made by a company called ross tech, it's quite useful when it comes to retrofits as it will list the electronic modules you currently have.

At a bare minimum I'd expect you to need a new control knob, two new mirror units (with motors to fold them) and probably extra wires between the mirrors and door controllers.

The mirrors look to be about £140 per side on eBay at the moment and if you've car hasn't got the right door controllers, they will need swapping as well so will get even more expensive.

Unless you have good friends in a breakers yard that happen to get a FL octavia with folding mirrors I'm afraid it'll be at least £300 and possibly much more.

I've retrofitted folding mirrors to my vrs

No additional wiring is required

I had to change my door controller and the mirror switch on the drivers door

some cars don't need other door controller (lamgers 2k) has the correct ones installed from the factory. I guess this is due to having the outside mirror lights

Mirrors are the hardest thing to find and i made a mistake by trying to fit LHD ones, they fit and work but the mirror glass position had to be set to the extreme to see what was behind.

In the end I bought new ones from the dealer