Emissions scandal - now on 2016 diesels

On the petrol cars it does appear to be the models with cylinder deactivation that are affected by the CO2 cheating

There are mentions of problems re measuring of CO2/economy of various engines against real-life conditions. On my last three Skoda's my real life has not been too far off the manufacture measured although the newer they get the worse it gets

2001 Skoda Octavia 1.4 16v petrol    - official CO2 163 mpg 41.8 - actual about 41-46

2003 Skoda Superb 1.9 pd diesel      - official CO2 149 mpg 47.9 - actual about 48-53

2014 Skoda Superb 1.4 16v petrol     - official CO2 138 mpg 47.9 - actual about 44-53 (note has stop/start)

Measured on the same journey types - commute/holidays

• Like 1

The full list of cars can be viewed here: https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/documents/10541/2886899/List_of_critical_CO2_vehicles_model_year_2016.pdf

Bad news is that the 1.6 and 2.0 TDi engine is listed:

Skoda Superb R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR DQ200‐7F X X

Skoda Superb R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR MQ250‐6F X X

Skoda Superb R4 2,0l 110kW(150PS) 340Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6A X X

Skoda Superb R4 2,0l 140kW(190PS) 400Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR DQ200‐7F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR MQ250‐6F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 2,0l 110kW(150PS) 340Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6A

I'm not cancelling my order. I've read from other sources that VW may cover the difference in road tax. Lets see...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/92893/vw-emissions-scandal-2016-cars-with-incorrect-mpg-and-co2-ratings-revealed

Edited by r08shaw
  • Like 1

The full list of cars can be viewed here: https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/documents/10541/2886899/List_of_critical_CO2_vehicles_model_year_2016.pdf

Bad news is that the 1.6 and 2.0 TDi engine is listed:

Skoda Superb R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR DQ200‐7F X X

Skoda Superb R4 2,0l 110kW(150PS) 340Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6A X X

Skoda Superb R4 2,0l 140kW(190PS) 400Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR DQ200‐7F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 1,6l 88kW(120PS) 250Nm 4V TDI CR MQ250‐6F X X

Skoda Superb Combi R4 2,0l 110kW(150PS) 340Nm 4V TDI CR MQ350‐6A

I'm not cancelling my order. I've read from other sources that VW may cover the difference in road tax. Lets see...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/92893/vw-emissions-scandal-2016-cars-with-incorrect-mpg-and-co2-ratings-revealed

I can confirm this is the case, I have had info from my dealership sayin that if my car (that was ordered in September) is effected by the emission scandal that VW will cover the cost of any extra road tax, also I believe if it is a company car they will cover the extra cost there as well.

And like you I am not planning on canceling my car unless they change the performance of the car, then that would be a different situation.

I might have my car be February if I'm lucky, so at least I will know the full situation before it arrives.

Mine was built last week (so no idea whether it has new mapping or not) and is on a lease through vwfs. I couldn't give a monkeys about the tax change as covered under the lease. As its only a two year lease and it'll be on long life servicing so it should only go back to the dealer maybe once. I'll not let them modify it if a subsequent "fix" for the emissions happens until others have confirmed there's no major mpg or performance issues. If they insist and it changes the cars performance I'll simply leave it at the dealers and stop paying my lease.

• Like 1

Well sent skoda an email asking is my be superb would be affected a 2.0l 150 and some other questions, had a phone call not long ago answering my questions then came to the emmissions question and they said they would not know until it's built. Will have to wait till it gets a VIN Number and go from there.

Well sent skoda an email asking is my be superb would be affected a 2.0l 150 and some other questions, had a phone call not long ago answering my questions then came to the emmissions question and they said they would not know until it's built. Will have to wait till it gets a VIN Number and go from there.

Andy ordered same engine and now been delayed until March from late December.It must be down to the emissions issue.

So according to that list the only 190 effected has the MQ3506F gearbox, I assume (as they also do a MQ3506A) this is the manual box.

I can’t say I am overly bothered about out though.

I disagree the list does also list the 150 diesel as well

I assume that is response to me?

If so I did not mention the 150, rather: the only 190 ....

So according to that list the only 190 effected has the MQ3506F gearbox, I assume (as they also do a MQ3506A) this is the manual box.

I can’t say I am overly bothered about out though.

The Skoda check says "We wish to confirm that your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number you submitted, is not affected by software that may cause discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs."

So no new info there.

Am I missing something here but I can't see the 1.4 tsi act superb on this list and yet I have had confirmation from my dealership that it is under investigation. Or is this a list for the initial software defeat device situation.

• Like 1

Just been looking at the build configuration as looking at something else and have noticed when you select engines the 1.6 tdi has a not saying the co2 levels or consumption levels specified here that were determined during the type approval process of the whole vehicle. These levels may not be accurate, we are doing our utmost to clarify the matter as quick as possible and will correct the levels, if necessary, in coordination with responsible authorities. But is not on any other beside 4x4 2.0 l tdi

• Like 1

The list also has the 120 PS engine with a "7F" box so I think the "F" must refer to the auto/DSG and the "A" refers to the manual.  It's not exactly clear though.  And there do seem to be two lists doing the rounds, one with the 1.4 petrol engines and one with these diesels. 

• Like 1

Just a idea has anyone who has a 2.0l 150 diesel actually put their vin number into the skoda check site and see what it says.

Guys, I have Superb SEL EX 2.0TDI 150 DSG, entered my VIN last week via the Skoda web site and they confirmed that my engine is not affected.

Just to add to this I have a Company Octavia SE Business 2.0 TDI 150 DSG, delivered to me at the beginning of April 2015, i have also entered that Vin No on the Skoda Web site, again Skoda confirmed that it was not affected.

• Like 1

Just a idea has anyone who has a 2.0l 150 diesel actually put their vin number into the skoda check site and see what it says.

I've got this:

Dear ŠKODA customer,

We wish to confirm that your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number you submitted, is not affected by software that may cause discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs.

--

Checked here:

http://skoda-recallactions.skoda-auto.com/en-GB

And my Superb is 2.0 TDI 150 DSG