Octavia 3 DRLs flashing at same time as indicators VCDS tweak

As I said, the Audi A3 and a4 and a6 with Xenons/LED headlights have LED indicators and when the indicator is on, the DRL white LED dim, so that the orange LED can be seen.

They flash bright/dull 180 degrees out of phase with the indicators. This was standard from the factory behavior.

They dim while the indicators are on - not while the indicator is lit, so the off point of the indicator 'flash' is still indicator on, just lamp not. The DRL stays dim throughout the indication process. It is illegal to have flashing (which would include dim/bright/dim/bright) white lights at the front of the vehicle unless for emergency vehicle use.

DoT advice is as follows:

DRL placed close to direction indicators may also automatically dim when the direction indicator is active. This is to ensure that the direction indicator is not masked by the light from the DRL

Make of that what you wish ............ seeing as it doesn't define 'active' - does active include the unlit phase????? How can a light be masked by another if it is not currently lit?

Can of worms - make your own minds up, all at your own risk etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/408964/daytime-running-lights.pdf

Edited by andyvee

• 1 year later...

Hey,

sorry to unearth this thread... I recently got a conflict by activating the DRL blinking in phase with the indicators.

I had previously activated the fog lights as CH/LH, and it worked great until I activated the aforementioned tweak. Now the fog lights still light up, but so do the headlights...

Any idea on how to resolve this conflict ?

Thanks in advance !

PS: Car is a MY15 Octavia RS

Edited by Wiivern

I did the adaptation via OBD eleven, so no way to post it I guess :/

I double checked everything, and even tried to go back to the previous settings (so no more blinkers in phase with DRL). The headlights still light up with the fog lights for CH/LH....

Okay my bad, I’m a new kind of stupid....

Completely forgot that I missed this part... Works now :dry:

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

• 1 year later...