roofbars

phil007

Hello all , anybody got some advise on yeti roobars looking for some but don't want to pay to much.skoda ones about £170ish about the same for thule , dont want the plastic coated steel ones , looking online seen some alloy ones for about £60 all in , it says they fit yeti but it seems they fit any car with raised roofrails .like I said dont want to pay silly money as I dont keep my cars longer than 3 years hence got roofbars for a focus and a used once set of expensive whisper bars for my last car (monte) sat in garage thanks in advance.

I bought a set of Thule bars and they sit on "universal" feet so hopefully will transfer when I eventually change cars. (Although they say they are universal there are at least two sets, nine are for large roof rails and there is a set for narrower rails).

There is a separate thread on this in which the subject is discussed with a link to the £60 ones I bought. These are fine for very occasional use (indeed, being used in anger for the first time today). If you will use them a lot, go with Thule or one of the better makes. The Skoda ones are great, but you are restricted to where they are mounted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a set of roofbars from Aldi last year and they are great and at £20 good value too full aluminium and locking, keep an eye out in Aldi as they sometimes repeat the offer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Someone is advertising used genuine Skoda Superb Estate roof bars cheap. Would those be suitable for use on a Yeti?

Almost certainly not. The Skoda bars are a specific size to fit the little screw holes on the inside edge of the roof rails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After a bit of thought I will bite the bullet and buy the thule aerobars , bit dearer but at least I can put them on another car buy getting another footpack .the aerobars do look good and are quiet , work colleague has them and says there good.

I have the Thule Aerobars on mine - in fact they have been a semi-permanent installation for a while now, along with a cycle carrier.  The carrier whistles a bit but if I have just the bars on, with the rubber insets in the grooves, they are near-silent.

In terms of carrying them over to other cars, be aware of the bar length.  I thought I could do this from my Volvo V50 to the Yeti, but the bars for the Volvo are just too short to span the Yeti, plus the footpack does not open wide enough to clamp the chunkier Yeti rails, so I had to get new feet and new bars.