2.0 tdi 110ps 5 speed clutch rating?

boemher

And component durability.

I've done a bit if digging and haven't been able to find what I'm after. I understand the 5 speed box and clutch is rated lower than the 6 speed for torque and ps.

I think that a stage 1 remap or tuning box set to normal settings would remain in the safe operating limits but what are the ratings ?

I'm asking because I will probably get a box or a remap once I've seen what will happen with the emissions recall but I'm worried about the clutch/gearbox durability.

Indeed I am talking about the tdi :)

I missed out from my 1st post that it's the torque limit I'm talking about I have found info on older 2.0 PD engines but can't find the rating for the transmission components of the 2.0 CR 110.

And component durability.

I've done a bit if digging and haven't been able to find what I'm after. I understand the 5 speed box and clutch is rated lower than the 6 speed for torque and ps.

I think that a stage 1 remap or tuning box set to normal settings would remain in the safe operating limits but what are the ratings ?

I'm asking because I will probably get a box or a remap once I've seen what will happen with the emissions recall but I'm worried about the clutch/gearbox durability.

The 110ps 2xWD and the 140ps 4x4 140ps share the same drive train I am given to understand

Is it an

The op is asking about the 2.0 diesel not the petrol tsi.

The OPs signature shows a TSI Yeti and a TDI Octavia.

What car are we talking about?

Are you on crack Urrell?

Just trying to be helpful.

Looking at the cars in your signature the Yeti is showing as a TSI,

Is this enquiry about your Octavia? in which case it's in the wrong part of the forum.

• Like 1

I don't know how that is possible as i have not created a sig. And never stated I own a yeti apart from in 1 post on this forum where I said I bought a 2.0 tdi. Are signatures auto generated ?

As for the 2nd part of your post if it was for my 1.8 tsi 6speed 160ps octavia I wouldn't state in the post topic in the yeti forum it's for a 2.0 tdi 5 speed 110ps engine.

If you want to carry on deviating the thread feel free but I will have to add you to the ignore list.

I don't know how that is possible as i have not created a sig. And never stated I own a yeti apart from in 1 post on this forum where I said I bought a 2.0 tdi. Are signatures auto generated ?

As for the 2nd part of your post if it was for my 1.8 tsi 6speed 160ps octavia I wouldn't state in the post topic in the yeti forum it's for a 2.0 tdi 5 speed 110ps engine.

If you want to carry on deviating the thread feel free but I will have to add you to the ignore list.

If you look to the section on the left of all threads and below where your picture might be it states:

Car: Skoda Octavia Mk2 Facelift L&K 1.8Tsi.

That is information you would have provided in your Profile when you joined the Forum, and is where the confusion has arisen. You can change it by going into your Profile at the top of each page.

I saw that info but it's not a signature and it doesn't mention a tsi yeti anywhere does it? - unless its me being thick hence my confusion and frustration. I'm replying whilst at work on my phone so maybe I'm getting an abreviated version of the site.

Signatures are usually present in every post as a tag aren't they ? Like if I had my car spec listed on every post.

Anyway anyone know of the torque limit on the 5 speed gearbox ?

Edited by boemher

I saw that info but it's not a signature and it doesn't mention a tsi yeti anywhere does it? Hence my confusion and frustration.

Signatures are usually present in every post as a tag aren't they ? Like if I had my car spec listed on every post.

Anyway anyone know of the torque limit on the 5 speed gearbox ?

An apology wouldn't go astray is the expression I seem to recall.

For what . Does it state anywhere I have a tsi yet or indeed does this thread title say that.

edited

You cant see your car on a mobile version of the site.

But I have added it for absolute clarity if you chose to interpret questions through this information instead of stated topic titles

Edited by boemher

The 110ps 2xWD and the 140ps 4x4 140ps share the same drive train I am given to understand

The front will be very similar but the 2wd has a torsion beam rear suspension rather than independent with the 4x4, which was a cost cutting exercise between MY10 & 11.

TP

Just picked up this post. What a hoot. Reminds me of my day job, teaching children.

Colin

And on a more serious note, I would like to know the answer.

When my Yeti [2WD 110bhp 5 speed] is out of warranty I would consider a remap.

Edited by eribaMotters