New Official Skoda Parts and Service Centre in Wigan

ColinD

I yesterday found a nice Skoda Dealers in Bolton a place called Parkside Garage, only found it by accident was on my way to Newcastle when a piece of my front grill came off and up the windscreen just on the M60/M602 interchange. Anyway pulled off looked up my nearest Skoda Dealers on my TomTom Go and headed for Parkside, very friendly place, nice people the old style dealership no chrome & mirrors.

Anyway was back there today for them to fit my new Grill at my cost. Plus to replace the top centre dash storage unit the one above the centre air vents as the chrome strip has flaked off, but this was under warranty. Booked an appointment for 14:00 today and they did it whilst I waited, great job just over an hour and a half from arrival to departure and they only charged me

:( :( Update on Gorners..it's all gone ! Place shut down 3pm today,everyone except a skeleton staff have been made redundant.

Steve. get an email off ASAP.

Robin Dix

Stratstone Saab Manchester

Water Street

Manchester

M3 4JW

0161 8326566

[email protected]

They want a Service team leader.

They aren't bad motors to work on you know.

pulled off looked up my nearest Skoda Dealers on my TomTom Go ....
would love a Skoda dealership POI for TomTom - is this what you have? where did you get it from if so??

gutted about Gorners by the way - really good garage and when in Warrington, were just around the corner... always helpful and the guy I bought my current car off was really helpful and not pushy at all (the way all sales people should be) - can't remember his name...

Good team at Parkside,i should know as i did 6 years there ! Just got new job at Claybank so lets see if they are any good to you lot now i'm in :) Must admit to being a bit aprehensive after all the bad press and i was seriously temted to bin the motor trade altogether after the Gorners loss.:(

• 3 weeks later...
Good team at Parkside,i should know as i did 6 years there ! Just got new job at Claybank so lets see if they are any good to you lot now i'm in :) Must admit to being a bit aprehensive after all the bad press and i was seriously temted to bin the motor trade altogether after the Gorners loss.:(

You'll just need to kick **** in the sales dept to make sure they are upto your standard.

You'll just need to kick **** in the sales dept to make sure they are upto your standard.

Salesmen are all the same in the eyes of the real workers in the motor trade...you just wipe them off your feet !!!!:D

Salesmen are all the same in the eyes of the real workers in the motor trade...you just wipe them off your feet !!!!:D

If we didn't sell cars you wouldn't have them to fix and service!!!!! We own you!!!!!!

You know, the salemen at ours place try the old "We pay your wages" crap too.

Except now, I've turned it. When ever they start spouting off about technical or engineering not doing what they want, I have two answers

1) "We do what you ask for, sometimes that isn't what you want"

2) "Oi, We make what pays your wages".

Both have been known to shut thm up for at least 3 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

tried to get my car repaired - temp sensor fault and throttle body carboned up so rang gorners and got put through to the liquidators so pity anyone who bought a 55plate or younger car so i went to IMG Seat in warrington they were polite and fast to repair car price wasn't to bad either

tried to get my car repaired - temp sensor fault and throttle body carboned up so rang gorners and got put through to the liquidators so pity anyone who bought a 55plate or younger car so i went to IMG Seat in warrington they were polite and fast to repair car price wasn't to bad either

It does not matter where and when you bought a car, off Gorners or any dealer,if you have a problem and the car is under warranty you can to any dealer of your choice to get it sorted.The only down side if you are an owner in the Manchester area is the shortage of dealers and timescale to book cars in.I now work at Claybank in Eccles and we are over-stretched with service,sales and warranty work....i'm knackarded !

thats good to know thanks, just when you start to trust a dealer and recomend them to friends they go and pull a trick like going belly up.

Tell me about it,i actually enjoyed working for Gorners and still find hard to believe it's gone.The whole set-up was good and all the lads (and lasses) were a good team at both Warrington & Ashton in Makerfield branches,i feel like i have lost a family.Some of the team are still out of work which must be hard,i was "lucky" getting a job straight away,but it is not as well set up as Gorners,but on the flip side,it's paying the bills.

• 2 weeks later...
It does not matter where and when you bought a car, off Gorners or any dealer,if you have a problem and the car is under warranty you can to any dealer of your choice to get it sorted.The only down side if you are an owner in the Manchester area is the shortage of dealers and timescale to book cars in.I now work at Claybank in Eccles and we are over-stretched with service,sales and warranty work....i'm knackarded !

You certainly appear to be just booked in my Octy for the Flywheel recall next avaialble dat 02/05 suppose there is the Bank Holiday Monday in the way though. Will be my first visit to Claybank.

Ere' date=' Steve. My new Octy is due a service. Should have been done at 91k. Is now at 99k.

What sort of price am I looking at? Is an inspection rather than oil service, cambelt was done at 71k.[/quote']

Err,dunno,just sell the things in kit form !!! don't get involved with that service type stuff,phone Brian for a price,he can be a bit grumpy but he is a nice all round type of chap !!!!

You certainly appear to be just booked in my Octy for the Flywheel recall next avaialble dat 02/05 suppose there is the Bank Holiday Monday in the way though. Will be my first visit to Claybank.

Oh yes`we are busy bunnies at the moment ! we were in at SEVEN AM this morning so we had some sort of chance of finnishing the work load......roll on my holidays:D

• 7 months later...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only Official Skoda dealer in Wigan for NEW and Used official Vehicles are Chapelhouse Skoda Wigan. ??????????????????????????????????

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)