Manual reset of service indicator

edbostan

Handbook says that the service interval can be reset using the reset buttons but no method is explained. Dealer says that a laptop is the only way to reset the service indicator. Has anyone managed it without the use of a laptop, and how?

We have a 2008 car and I was able to do a manual reset last week following the instructions in owner manual, however the method may be different depending on the type of dashboard display that the car is fitted with. I can’t quite remember how I did it and I haven’t got the car with me.

I should think a forum search for “service reset” will bring an answer up.

Sorry a bit late, got tied up with preparing for World Championship. Anyway, my book says this, switch off ignition, press the reset button of the trip counter for distance driven and hold it down. Switch the ignition on and release the reset button. Now turn the reset button to the right. Service interval display should now be reset.  This is what works with my car. Its on page 12 of my owners manual dated 05 07.  :coffee:

Thanks for replying. Skoda have changed the dash and there is no reset button to turn to the right. They have purposely made it so that the dealer is the only method to reset. The dealer has a vested interest in this!!

I've done mine, but not recently. I think it was repeated presses on the button that zeros the trip. Each press added 1000 miles if I remember correctly. It can only be done when service indicator is on though.

They this, it's worked for lots of people

Ignition in off position, turn on hazard warning lights, press and hold the 0.0 button on cluster, turn ignition half way and message 'are you sure' should be displayed. Press 'ok' and then turn off the ignition, turn on the ignition and that should do it.

This will also reset the oil change indicator if you do not activate the hazard warning lights.

Hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk