VRs steering shaking and rotational knocking

Afternoons all,

I'll try explain this best I can, although it isn't easy.

The Fabia has developed a new problem! It's only happened 2/3 times over the last couple of weeks.

Basically, the first time it shown it self as a knocking, which sounded like something spinning (ie it had a rhythm to it), it seemed to be related to revs, as when I changed down it got quicker. But the noise stopped when clutch dipped, and if I revved it there was no noise.

It came back yesterday, but louder. The new symptom was a violent shake on the steering wheel from side to side, which gradually got worse and worse. I eventually pulled over, saw nothing amiss then moved off and it was completely fine? Noise seems to be coming from front pass side.

I then went to take my mechanic out in it , we gave it hell and it drove perfectly. The only thing we noticed was the drive shaft and play going in and out of the box on the front pass side, but that's it.

Any one got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...