Touch up paint for bonnet (Stones, Eggs, etc)

chalky74

Hi,

Last week was mischievous night (I live in Yorkshire) and my Yeti was egged by some local yoof who probably thought it was a right laugh. After cleaning said egg from the bonnet and windscreen I noticed the impact from the egg shell had left some small chips in the paint work. Annoyed. Yes. Getting over it. Yes.

Anyone know where can I get some Corrida Red touch up paint. Local Skoda Dealer or online somewhere???

Cheers, Richard

From my experience, don't buy on-line paint unless it's the genuine Skoda stuff - as the colour match tends to be poor.

Nothing quite beats the original touch up paint.

From my experience, don't buy on-line paint unless it's the genuine Skoda stuff - as the colour match tends to be poor.

Nothing quite beats the original touch up paint.

Eggxactly.

Some "cracking" answers there ;)

After reading some mixed reviews about Chipex, I'm going for it as the results look impressive and their colour match is very good. It just sounds like you've got to follow the 3 step instructions and build up the paint layers. Can't be that hard!

Is the vehicle still covered by the rust warranty.

If yes what are the implications of you repairing the paintwork with non Skoda paint.

They will do anything to get out of repairing your vehicle if it does rust elsewhere.

Is the vehicle still covered by the rust warranty.

If yes what are the implications of you repairing the paintwork with non Skoda paint.

They will do anything to get out of repairing your vehicle if it does rust elsewhere.

How would they know it wasn't Skoda paint?

Even the paint in the Skoda Touch-Up pots isn't the same as that used on the production line.

• Like 1

People get unnecessarily wound up over warranties-if you use dulux on a bonnet chip how would that effect in any way a rust problem on a door or cill??

Take a look through some of the Topics on rust or blemishes and see what hassle they have had in getting Skoda to repair them under warranty.

The Yeti is 2010 model and bought second hand. It already has two paint chip blobs on the bonnet from previous owner. Colour match wasn't perfect, but I'm not going to cry about it. I only know they're there. I'm going to do these new chips myself. Quite fancy the challenge of how "invisible" I can make them.