VW. (Skoda, Seat, Audi) Irregularities 1.4 TDI CO2 / MPG Testing.

Ootohere

Re changes in annual VED and Tax for Business users.

Does this involve the Engines in the 2015 All New 3rd Generation Fabia?

Has anyone in any country received a Letter or communications on the subject from their supplier on a car they already have or one on order.?

The Mk3 Fab 1.4TDi isn't involved in the emissions check bypass case as it has an EU6 engine not an EU5 (which is part of the debate).. as for CO2, nothing forthcoming so far.. no letters from Skoda or VAG..

According to the PDF in the link above, it's only the 1.4 TDI engines that are affected on the Fabia.

The 1.2 TSI engines are built by Skoda for the whole of the VW group so hopefully these have escaped the skullduggery [emoji28]

Sent from my Moto G

According to the PDF in the link above, it's only the 1.4 TDI engines that are affected on the Fabia.

The 1.2 TSI engines are built by Skoda for the whole of the VW group so hopefully these have escaped the skullduggery [emoji28]

Sent from my Moto G

Nice - that will be my motor on the list then....... 1.4tdi fabia combi

First Mirrorlink, now this!

There is no issue really to concern owners,

VW are going to pay the Governments any Taxes due on the vehicles. Or so they say...

I'm not concerned about a change in taxation class, there's no way they can make owners pay for that.

It does however potentially affect the residual value and desirability of my vehicle.

Also it looks as though the MPG may have been falsified along with the CO2, which is a much bigger issue.

It is going to come down to mis-selling and overstating the capability of the vehicle.

Lets face it, if true, it is pure fraud.

My car is meant to do 78mpg with it's hands tied, but only once have I got close, and usually get low 60's. The worst I have gotten was 45!

We all know that MPG testing is outdated, but if they have fiddled those figures as well, then the natives are going to be very restless I would imagine.

You have your Legal rights to be compensated by VW for mis-selling, if you are not happy with what they did and they do not properly compensate you voluntarily, and make sure you do not lose out worse than you would have anyway buying one of their vehicles,

and maybe also take actions against your Government for allowing the type of EU testing that they agreed with.

Be sure your Government do not sell you short by letting the VWG off with not compensating you if you are due money.

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx

It is not as though the Tests were difficult to be able to get good results on, but VW seem to have still needed to cheat.

You have your Legal rights to be compensated by VW for mis-selling, if you are not happy with what they did and they do not properly compensate you voluntarily, and make sure you do not lose out worse than you would have anyway buying one of their vehicles,

and maybe also take actions against your Government for allowing the type of EU testing that they agreed with.

Be sure your Government do not sell you short by letting the VWG off with not compensating you if you are due money.

It is not as though the Tests were difficult to be able to get good results on, but VW seem to have still needed to cheat.

I think we can all see that VW are going to try to wriggle through any loophole that they can, and are already arguing that they complied with tests on 2016 vehicles. 

The CO2 and MPG tests have been out of date for years (were they ever useful?) and I agree that the authorities are also to blame for letting the rules and regulations be flouted in such a fashion.

Regardless, as you say, VW have still seen the need to push the boundaries of acceptability at the very least, like no other manufacturer seemingly has (at this time) and for that i'm afraid they must be held responsible.

If my cars MPG and CO2 have been overstated, then why would I have spent an extra £2000 on a diesel over a petrol? Or why would I have bought the car I did at all? There are man other manufacturers worthy of my money.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

BBC1 @ 8.30 pm tonight, Panorama is on VW and how they cheated the world.  

Hopefully not just about Cheat Devices and NoX,

but also the 'Irregularities' in the Certification from EU Testing & Co2 / MPG.

That's going to be worth a watch.

No doubt VW will be bracing themselves for a whole new wave of UK customers giving them a call.

Looks like the 'scandal' affects many more models than VW first admitted, across Diesel and Petrol also now.

• 1 month later...

I'm not concerned about a change in taxation class, there's no way they can make owners pay for that.

It does however potentially affect the residual value and desirability of my vehicle.

Also it looks as though the MPG may have been falsified along with the CO2, which is a much bigger issue.

It is going to come down to mis-selling and overstating the capability of the vehicle.

Lets face it, if true, it is pure fraud.

My car is meant to do 78mpg with it's hands tied, but only once have I got close, and usually get low 60's. The worst I have gotten was 45!

We all know that MPG testing is outdated, but if they have fiddled those figures as well, then the natives are going to be very restless I would imagine.

My wife has a 105hp diesel Mk3 combi  - about 3 months old and now covered 2100 miles.  Best mpg it has returned so far is 55 mpg.  This is not a patch on the previous Mk2 1.6 diesel which regularly returned 62 mpg minimum.  Considering the latest incarnation is supposed to be more economical just what is going on here with VW group ?  Anybody else experiencing similar mpg or is it worth having it checked out by dealer ?

Its one of those things that happens when the EU wanted Green / Lower Emissions, 

you get a 1.4TDI 3 Cylinder Euro 6 engine that under tests meets the emissions but uses more fuel than a 1.6 TDI CR 4 Cylinder.

Supposedly lighter and more economic, well according to Skoda.

(The only thing is that the Euro 5 TDI's had Defeat Devices, which gave false Emission Test Results and Eleven Million World wide & now VW are trying to come up with 'The Fix' when the 'Defeat Device' software is removed, 

so Heath Robinson bits of Pipe and Software Undates (Remaps) and Drivers are supposed to be unable to notice any difference. No less power, or higher fuel consumption.)

Time will tell/

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Its one of those things that happens when the EU wanted Green / Lower Emissions, 

you get a 1.4TDI 3 Cylinder Euro 6 engine that under tests meets the emissions but uses more fuel than a 1.6 TDI CR 4 Cylinder.

Supposedly lighter and more economic, well according to Skoda.

wife had a citigo 3 cyl1.0 greentech elegance, swapped to a i10 1.2 4 cyl and gets about 6-8 more MPG calculated on a heavier car on same journey

so what gives?

I think the whole issue of emission / economy testing is a mess and totally unrepresentative of real world, and must be revised, but while the car manufacturers have a say or can throw big bucks at lobbying the EU nothing will change

• Like 1

Hyundai / Kia found out the expensive way with Law Suits and having to Compensate in North America and Canada over MPG/Economy 

not to be overstating what was possible, even though they are doing the same EU Test.

They do manage to give pretty real world figures for their vehicles.

My wife has a 105hp diesel Mk3 combi  - about 3 months old and now covered 2100 miles.  Best mpg it has returned so far is 55 mpg.  This is not a patch on the previous Mk2 1.6 diesel which regularly returned 62 mpg minimum.  Considering the latest incarnation is supposed to be more economical just what is going on here with VW group ?  Anybody else experiencing similar mpg or is it worth having it checked out by dealer ?

My mk3 1.4tdi estate say it does 58mpg but only does 48mpg when you work it out. 

Dealers have tested it, and there is nothing wrong - surprise surprise. 

I usually consider urban mpg = good normal running, combined = good long motorway run at 55-60mph, extra urban = blue moon, wind in right direction and wife in good mode (i.e. never going to happen)

in other words anything over urban cycle is a bonus