Windscreen Demisting

g78

Anyone else having problems with slow front windscreen demisting. Is this a common fault?  2015 1.2 tsi and it takes an eternity for screen to clear. Thanks for any info.

Have had the odd problem when screen was heavily misted and I had to mop the screen first.. Usually I use the boost switch, on my car it's the first push button on the left hand side another post suggested the a/c and climatronic will try that next time. Joe

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have AC/Climatronic on my SE, so can't try it out  :no:

At a tarmac-melting hot summer back in the eigthies I swore a holy oath never to buy or own a car without at least AC, and never did so.

But concerning the Fab III, AC is standard in all models sold here.

• Like 1

If you set the temperature dial to max and the vent dial to windscreen, as soon as you switch the fan on, the aircon will come on automatically and the A/C button will be illuminated. The system assumes you need to demist the windscreen so sets the heating to the optimum setting in order to clear it as quickly as possible.

This is for the standard aircon, not sure about the climatronic version.

Edited by Gazbull17
  • Like 3

In my last Fabia I put a box of moisture absorbing crystals ( you can get the from the pound shop and surprisingly they only cost £1 ) stood the box in an old tin box in the rear footwell so it did not fall over it absorbed quite a bit of moisture especially in the winter months

Joe

I agree g78. The windscreen is always misting up. I am used to a misty screen if you get in the car with wet clothes on but my (Fabia III TSI 110 estate SE) the screen does seem to be very prone to misting up. No problem during the summer but just lately as the temperature is dropping, the screen mists up every time I use the car, just from my own breath. I don't think I am any more moist than anyone else but the screen mists up very quickly and also it takes longer to clear with the air con and screen vents than any other car I have had. I think that the air is not changed from the car quickly enough and the only thing to be done is to open a window and change the air that way. it must be an annoying problem for cars without air con.

• Like 1

£7.50 from Tesco's or a little more with P&P from Ebay and when it gets full of water you cook it in the microwave and use it over and over again. Really useful as the 'button' turns from blue to pink to tell you when it's full as well, slam it in the microwave for 6 minutes and the button turns from pink to blue and off you go again

Bloody god send 

http://pingi.com/shop/pingi-car-dehumidifier-lv-a150/

Edited by Bucksnaturetog
  • Like 1

If you set the temperature dial to max and the vent dial to windscreen, as soon as you switch the fan on, the aircon will come on automatically and the A/C button will be illuminated. The system assumes you need to demist the windscreen so sets the heating to the optimum setting in order to clear it as quickly as possible.

This is for the standard aircon, not sure about the climatronic version.

Thank you, I will that :clap:  

Having the recirculation on as well as this will help draw the moisture out of the interior. When I had my Fabia 2 from new, I had problems with misting of the windscreen and it lasted for a few months. It seemed to be like there was a coating of some sort on the windscreen, possibly from the production process? Took a bit of cleaning to eridicate the misting.

I havent had the same issues with my new Polo.

• Like 1

Have tried several of the suggestions including cleaning the windscreen with a cream glass cleaner as a belt and braces approach have ordered a reusable bag of moisture absorbing crystals. One of the design faults of the car is that when you get into the car in/after heavy rain I have had the rain run off the roof and into the car the depression in the roof is to shallow. Must be an alternative to the breakdown of the door seals in the old mk1 and water collecting in the footwells :( Joe

Have tried several of the suggestions including cleaning the windscreen with a cream glass cleaner as a belt and braces approach have ordered a reusable bag of moisture absorbing crystals. One of the design faults of the car is that when you get into the car in/after heavy rain I have had the rain run off the roof and into the car the depression in the roof is to shallow. Must be an alternative to the breakdown of the door seals in the old mk1 and water collecting in the footwells :( Joe

Since I cleaned the inside screen I've had no problems with misting and I've never experienced any damp footwells either.

Sent from my Moto G

• Like 1

Since I cleaned the inside screen I've had no problems with misting and I've never experienced any damp footwells either.

Sent from my Moto G

Re: the misting - read somewhere in forum about new cars needing windscreen cleaned a few times while cars new plastics do some "de-gassing" and leave a coating on the screens.

So - a few cleans, and I've very little trouble with this. (misting not particularly  different to any other car I've had ). ( cleaning - used variously Lidl window spray or vinegar-water mix - applied and polished off with newspaper - not glossy magazines!! )

Re: the water off the roof - is this problem worse on hatches than on estates ? 

I've been watching for it as saw a few people mention it.

No different to any other gutterless cars I've been in.  Just a few drops occasionally.

Sent from my Moto G

Yep - ditto here.

• Like 1

Some Car Preparation Operatives in Dealerships use some very easy to get a lovely finish product,

that is just useless in vehicles and on windscreens and side glass, and they have done for years.

I have a family member that can never be trusted to be near a car to valet it,

once that Mr Sheen has been on the inside of a windscreen and the A/C starts to take affect, or after a frost, it takes lots of White Vinegar, Newspapers, Fog X etc to stop getting a bloom on the screen.

Rain water runs off the roof into my Polo as well when the doors are opened. Funnily enough that is a down side of keeping your paintwork topped up with polish!

Must admit since the roof has not been highly polished since I got the car in April the rain coming in off the roof has not been as frequent Joe