Possessed touchscreen again

Well I've just compressed a couple of videos I have of the screen going mad which I'll send in an email to my local dealers servicing dept over the weekend.

• 5 months later...

I went to a smaller garage... They couldn't give me a loan car (under their age, apparently) and still couldn't fix it.

Plus I had to take time off work to even get it there...

Vindis kindly let someone drive it with a diamond ring on their left hand, which has left considerable damage to my rear passenger door and the gear stick... Which makes me wonder what they did with my car when they had it nearly two weeks.

Thankfully, I'm getting a work van in a few weeks... So I may just get rid of the car at a loss.

Hi Identiti,

Long shot that you are going to read this,  but im curious, was your car Black with GL15 as the reg?  I just bought a car from vindis cambridge, that has the dodgy screen , the ring scratch on the passenger door and gearstick exactly as you mensioned.  Just wondering if you sold it back to skoda and they sold me yours knowing it had the problem with the screen?  Its a pain to have to go back and jump through hoops to get it fixed iof they havnt already got to the bottom of it.  Its still under 1000 mile guarantee so I may seek to get a full refund and buy another if its going to be a problem that remains unfixed.  If its the same car I think I'll just go straight for the refund.

Cheers

Matt

Just for info, my Colombus screen was playing up when it was cold or damp (changing channels by itself etc). I cleaned the touch screen with some methylated spirits several months ago and it's behaved perfectly since. Whilst cleaning it, I noticed there was a film of grease (or whatever) over the entire screen. Not really obvious until you start cleaning it though.

I got 2 bits of kitchen roll, a few drops of meths on one piece, wipe it over the screen, then clean it off with the other piece. Screen looked MUCH cleaner after!

Just as a warning, meths is highly flammable and burns with an invisible flame, so be careful.

Mike

• 2 years later...

hi i have a octy 3 elegance has same thing my sort of fix is to go into settings and turn off the setting that lights up the screen when it senses something near it that helps the other is  turn on anoloque time display when turned off and when it does this tuen it off and time will be displayed which is lighting up the screen and  warming it up for 5to10 mins depending on how cold n damp it is and when you turn it on hey presto all back to normal with out it doing your head in  changing and re tuning your stations