VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

3 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I have been waiting for something like this . In my ignorance I can't see why diesel engines cannot be amended  so as to comply with Euro 6, or even better. There must a wide open market for some bright spark to devise such amendments and make a killing .Why have V A G not come up with something and try to regain some respect from their car owners. Any cost should be well less than the Merc. for obvious reasons. Even Governments  could well look into the matter and do something themselves. Lets get the German, French and British governments  competing with each other to come up with something, and Italy is supposed to  produce some of the best diesel  engines. C'mon Boris, get the Brits to do something and export it to the E U !! 

Just now, Tony R said:

I have been waiting for something like this . In my ignorance I can't see why diesel engines cannot be amended  so as to comply with Euro 6, or even better. There must a wide open market for some bright spark to devise such amendments and make a killing .Why have V A G not come up with something and try to regain some respect from their car owners. Any cost should be well less than the Merc. for obvious reasons. Even Governments  could well look into the matter and do something themselves. Lets get the German, French and British governments  competing with each other to come up with something, and Italy is supposed to  produce some of the best diesel  engines. C'mon Boris, get the Brits to do something and export it to the E U !! 

r     And get one over on your successor, Sadiq KHAN, who is making life difficult  for Londoners in charging £10 or £ 12  from next year  to cross over  the North and South Circulars.

I’m wondering if the E-W engines crammed in tight engine bays are simply too labour intensive in terms of access to make mass conversion economic .

1 hour ago, Ryeman said:

I’m wondering if the E-W engines crammed in tight engine bays are simply too labour intensive in terms of access to make mass conversion economic .

You may be right but in my ignorance of such technical matters I think maybe the emphasis would probably be  along the outing of the emissions such as some trap or conversion into less " harmful"  emissions, which I thought the Adblu  addition does to that area of the system ?.

^^^

€1 billion as a soft slap on the wrist.

VW’s fines will end up being a profitable move by forcing them into BEVs.  They shrugged off their fines compared to their profits.

An aircraft crashes and LCCs go out of business .

Just now, Tony R said:

Just goes to show the German car industry were all in it together, ALL of VAG, Mercedes and I  think B M W ?

I was convinced from the start that VAG were not alone.

1 hour ago, vrskeith said:

I was convinced from the start that VAG were not alone.

1 hour ago, Ryeman said:

IIR VW was 30-40 times over but I wonder what Mercedes was.

Which means there must have been a common denominator, a link that they all plugged into. Did we not read that " some software " manufacturer  was responsible for  V A G's  scam, so it looks as though that  software producer must have also offered their " services " to Mercedes and  B M W, in which case the REAL culprit is that software producer, and who led the car manufacturers into their conspiracy?.  Not as though the car makers did not have free will, so they remain guilty BUT does not the MAIN blame lay with the software producer, who presumably devised the idea themselves and then sold the idea to the car makers. There is no way V A G would have passed the scam onto other car makers and  prejudiced their own " market  advantage"  over the others. Looks as though the Germans  need to do a bit more digging?

I remember a ‘story’ about Bosch telling VAG not to meddle with their equipment as supplied.........then they too ended up in the poo.

So the common denominator?.

30 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I remember a ‘story’ about Bosch telling VAG not to meddle with their equipment as supplied.........then they too ended up in the poo.

So the common denominator?.

Yes, that's who, when I did my posting I could not remember the name of the software  supplier but as you say it was  BOSCH ,  and who offered their  product to  V A G   or did V A G ask Bosch to produce  something along those lines?. IF that were the case I am sure  V A G  would have demanded  Bosch  not to sell it to other rival car makers, which leads me to think Bosch dreamt it up themselves and were thus able to offer it to more than one car maker. I also have in the back of my mind Peugeot  had a similar device, and did not Fiat also ?. If so, I would think the software used  would be common to each  car maker?.  So Bosch should be in  for a Basching?

4 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I got the impression Bosch got wind early and made a preemptive statement/warning to clients to make it appear they weren’t involved.

hmmm

But obviously they were involved and realised the danger of their involvement, which was  either as requested  or more likely, as the originators  of the software. As I said before,  despite V A G were the first to be unearthed, the fact other  German manufacturers at least used the Bosch software,  strongly indicates they were approached , question is by whom, could only have been Bosch unless V A G wanted  what they thought could be " cover " by others being found to be doing the same thing.  Much deeper investigation by German  Authorities seems to be needed. And about time, as this has been going on for several years, at least KNOWN to have been going on, how long before  also requires investigation.  The BREXIT   negotiators should make it conditional  that FULL investigation and exposure, plus COMPENSATION to UK owners, takes place before any German cars can come into the UK, then perhaps  our negotiators  can be seen laughing at the way we treat the E U in the negotiations as they did to us.   Perhaps the Germans can appreciate  " Strength through JOY " ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skoda's CEO Dr Winfied Vahland was a Qualified Engineer & signed off cars, surely he was just a little involved, and Alasdair Stewart that was with VW, Bentley etc before Skoda UK could not also have had the Corporate 3 monkeys.

(Now head of global marketing for Lotus.)

Then the biggie.  Stefan Jacoby the VW man and CEO of VW USA 2007-2010.

So many that were around with the knowledge unless they were really really employed for their stupidity.

Matthias Mueiller was smart enough to take over after Martin Winterkorn was exposed, but he never stayed long, amazing how so many could run a company and not know what was going on.

I see that Dr Vahland is still in the industry.

Intesresting that Volvo should give him a job, 

they made Stefan Jacoby head of Volvo in 2010 when he left VW after not getting the top job at VW.

He was at VW, Mitsubishi, VW and Volvo then to General Motors.   Small world in the top positions.

Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 2.46.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 2.50.20 PM.png

Edited by Roottootemoot