VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

2 hours ago, Offski said:

Tony R, i thought you were interested, are you not even looking at what does drive the roads of Southampton?

When driving in Southampton , and elsewhere for that matter, I tend to keep my eyes on the vehicle in front and even in the event of it being a taxi I can't say I study or try to find out what motive power it has. My comments re the survey were critical of the proposed charge of £100  per day for H G V's  as that could well backfire and  deprive the city of business and knowing that those vehicles in the main come off the motorway straight into the docks, so hardly pumping gas into Southampton itself..  As for the £100 per day for taxis ( all varieties  other than presumably electric )  would have an almighty effect on fares?. But for ALL private  cars not to be charged is most welcome.  Sorry if I upset you over your friend  C K, but he is not too well loved in London by motorists and will be even less so when the South and North Circular boundaries are brought into operation.

2 hours ago, Offski said:

• Confused 1

I read 'proposal for private hire cars and taxis that are petrol below Euro 6 & Diesels Euro 4 would be charged £12.50 a day.

'To operate within the zone.'

I see cars in front, at the road side, in taxi bays etc, its part of being safe on the road. Not hard to see what they are IME, something car enthusiasts often can do.

That £12.50 a day on the overheads might have people updating Taxis or getting more economic ones on fuel or going Electric which gets grants.   EU Grants, Tax Payers grants that is.

It costs people their health being on or near roads and maybe they have no cars and use no taxis, they pay the price of pollution though.

The London Mayor seems not well loved by racists either.  Personally never met him, so i am sure he is not my friend.

I am no Labour supporter, or Conservative and Unionist either, or UKIP.

Did no Motorists vote for him then to be Mayor, only environmentalist / green Labour supporters.

I see the Southampton MP Royston Smith asked just 2 written questions in the House of Commons on the Emission Zones & the Governments findings on their effectiveness, 

is he for or against?

http://roystonsmith.co.uk   Pro Brexit then, so that will be the South stuffed up for a while, there should be loads more pollution and no EU grants, some pollution still crossing the channel though.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44956855 

Edited by Offski

16 hours ago, Offski said:

I read 'proposal for private hire cars and taxis that are petrol below Euro 6 & Diesels Euro 4 would be charged £12.50 a day.

'To operate within the zone.'

I see cars in front, at the road side, in taxi bays etc, its part of being safe on the road. Not hard to see what they are IME, something car enthusiasts often can do.

That £12.50 a day on the overheads might have people updating Taxis or getting more economic ones on fuel or going Electric which gets grants.   EU Grants, Tax Payers grants that is.

It costs people their health being on or near roads and maybe they have no cars and use no taxis, they pay the price of pollution though.

The London Mayor seems not well loved by racists either.  Personally never met him, so i am sure he is not my friend.

I am no Labour supporter, or Conservative and Unionist either, or UKIP.

Did no Motorists vote for him then to be Mayor, only environmentalist / green Labour supporters.

I see the Southampton MP Royston Smith asked just 2 written questions in the House of Commons on the Emission Zones & the Governments findings on their effectiveness, 

is he for or against?

http://roystonsmith.co.uk   Pro Brexit then, so that will be the South stuffed up for a while, there should be loads more pollution and no EU grants, some pollution still crossing the channel though.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44956855 

I wonder from what European mainland cities the pollution is coming from ?

Paris has gone back to work after abandoning the electric car hire scheme my company ie Auto-Lib-Bollore was operating or was is it mainly German cities?

All European cities, apart from London and Moscow are relatively small compared to other work cities ie smaller than Birmingham UK ! 

• Like 1

Fallout from Chernobyl reached the Welsh hillsides without much of a problem so it seems that anything can cross the channel easily enough, 

maybe even come from the South Coast of England up to London and obviously it does not just stay around London their pollution will head north, east, west and south.

22 hours ago, Offski said:

It is an odd thing that an Arctic truck fully loaded can do 5-6 mpg,

Presumably Arctic trucks will save on overheads by employing polar bears as drivers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ryeman said:

^^^^^ it was the European Court that found in favour of the British Dyson, so that’s good to see.

Maybe that is good to see but what is not is Dyson's decision to have HIS electric car made in Singapore, not  very patriotic of him. If foreign companies can make their cars here, and Nissan say UK made ones  are THE BEST, surely Dyson should do the same.

Dyson like virtually all entrepreneurs is really only interested in Sir Dyson. Any mention of British this or that is merely PR to build his image as a God among men. Just like Sugar et al.

£450 hair curler, whatever next. World's gone mad, I blame that Jobs fella.

• Like 1