Can you get new wheels on PCP?

Camlep

Double check with the garage first but don't see why this will be a problem, it's 100% reversible, you'll need to notify insurance as well

Yea, already checked with insurance to see how much it'd change my policy. Don't mind declaring modifications, but didn't wanna annoy the garage. 

Cheers man

So what wheels ya getting then? ;) about time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

16" Oz Racing WRC's in white, with a good set of tyres. Also ABT lowering springs, front splitter and sideskirts... and Celtic Tuning Remap.  :peek:

if you keep the original wheels and put them back on when you sell it where is the problem so long as declared on insurance

Probably keeping the 14" OEM wheels as winter wheels. 

Thanks all for help. 

• Like 1

The remap seems fishy, the torque ratio's seem out of place? I would try and get this one http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=33&fueltype=1&model=605&variant=3153 I also suggest you get it dyno'd before a map, I was too considering it but changed my mind when I got mine dyno'd and it ran at 77.8 HP with peak power kicking in at 4800 RPM, torque was a little funky, 95NM at 3000 RPM then dipped down a little at 3200 RPM and back up to max torque at 3400 RPM (max being 95NM which is stock for both the 60 and 75PS models) then after that died down, it sounds stupid but I will check my ECU model to see if somehow Skoda put the wrong ECU into the car from factory as it is registered and purchased as a 60PS model!

b37cc7670229729c704ac9befd657ce1.jpg

You can also see a difference in the maps, the one I linked looks at increasing torque over power (something I think is more important in these light 3 pot cars) personally you don't need an increase in power, ESPECIALLY if your car dyno'd at around the same as mine, it wouldn't be worth increasing your power by a couple of horsepower and a mere 7NM torque for however much they charge you

Edited by Hyphons

The remap seems fishy, the torque ratio's seem out of place? I would try and get this one http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=33&fueltype=1&model=605&variant=3153 I also suggest you get it dyno'd before a map, I was too considering it but changed my mind when I got mine dyno'd and it ran at 77.8 HP with peak power kicking in at 4800 RPM, torque was a little funky, 95NM at 3000 RPM then dipped down a little at 3200 RPM and back up to max torque at 3400 RPM (max being 95NM which is stock for both the 60 and 75PS models) then after that died down, it sounds stupid but I will check my ECU model to see if somehow Skoda put the wrong ECU into the car from factory as it is registered and purchased as a 60PS model!

b37cc7670229729c704ac9befd657ce1.jpg

You can also see a difference in the maps, the one I linked looks at increasing torque over power (something I think is more important in these light 3 pot cars) personally you don't need an increase in power, ESPECIALLY if your car dyno'd at around the same as mine, it wouldn't be worth increasing your power by a couple of horsepower and a mere 7NM torque for however much they charge you

Agreed, I'd dyno before a remap. But I'm imagining if it's going to put that out as standard, then what's the potential tuned? I'm also curious if the Ramair induction kit will make any difference in performance, as I'll be also adding a cold air feed. Also swapping to a carbon fibre chamber air filter soon. To try something different. 

Eh, not sure about cone filters tbh, watch Mighty Car Mods video on mythbusting the whole air filter change thing, they literally do jack, in one video I recall they hooked a filter up directly outside the car in the path of the dyno fan and it didn't do anything, I might still go for a cone filter but I will probably just get a different intake pipe so there's more air flow into the engine

If you click the link I put you can view a graph, not a whole lot of difference except the power stays for longer, the graph is also what makes me wonder if I have the correct ECU?

Edited by Hyphons

You'll still get more power after the map as the power holds for longer all the way to 6200 rpm instead of tailing off at 4750rpm.

Also rolling roads or notoriously unreliable so the only way IMO they are of is any use is to do a before and after run with a remapas a comparison. Your reading of 77bhp sounds high and is probably 10bhp too high. If you'd had it mapped on the same day im sure you would have seen 90bhp which is surely a tad optimistic for a na 999cc engine.

I'm still tempted to get a map if I don't change the citigo. I'm not sure about all these remap claims though all I'd expect is the same map and performance as a 75 model. I can't see how much more torque can be achieved lower down the Rev range with an na engine. Higher up the Rev range you will get more torque though as isn't torque a function of power??

As for the wheels I doubt the finance company will be bothered along as the car is adequately insured and it's in good condition if you return it.

^^ The RR I used was known as the "heartbreaker" because of the accuracy, some folks on the day (it was a organised RR day) were really disappointed with there figures because they got a remap but the dyno didn't show what was promised, also another thing to note is the car had literally just been serviced a few days before so had fresh oil and a new air filter which could make a difference, I looked back at the dashcam footage (because I'm a bloody idiot and thought the GPS would show the speedo.. completely forgetting it only works when moving and not when the wheels are turning :D) and the guy who was sat in the drivers seat said and I quote "that won't last long"