Pacific Blue - surprisingly nice

I'm probably about 12 months off sorting a new car out.  My SAAB is running ok and with my heart set on a new Superb I'd rather like them to sort out some of the early niggles.  So... I'm still at the 'playing with the configurator' stage.

On the Skoda configurator, the base/free Pacific Blue paint really doesn't look very good or appealing.  Maybe on purpose?  It's not something I thought I'd ever consider.  Until this morning...

I was a following a Superb II in this colour and it looked really good.  Much lighter than in the configurator (more in line with the visualiser tool on the Skoda Superb model page - though some of the other colours on that are nothing like their real life counterpart which is why I took no notice).  It also suits the size of the car and, ironically, is a pretty rare and different colour.  It's also VERY similar to the met blue option available on the current 5 series (which although metallic is a similarly dark colour and so there's little difference).

I might be tempted!  Anyone else going for/got that colour?

On a related note, whilst I'd have whatever colour I wanted and having to pay a bit wouldn't stop me doing so, I think it's remarkably cheeky to charge for other non-met colour paints.  Seems to be common across the manufacturers now though!  Pick a paint they think no-one will want (as I don't think anyone has yet to start delivering cars unpainted?!) - then charge for everything else...

Dan

Edited by mbbx6drj
  • Like 1

I have ordered the s3 1.4 TSI SEL exec in the pacific blue, I had a look at the octavia in the same colour and thought with the extra chrome on the superb it would look great (understated and classy). I was torn between Pacific blue and the silver colour. I couldn't make my mind up and neither could the misses, so we flipped a coin and fate chose the pacific blue for us. I like the colour and I think you are right there wont be a lot of them around in that colour.

Not got the car yet and not likely to for the next few months (BW04 2016) not too happy about the wait ordered it in September (the 18th) the dealer ship thinks I will get it early Feb if I'm lucky but if that's the case then I don't want the car until 1st of March. 

• Like 2

Very odd the way these cars are being built, I ordered mine on almost the same day (17th) as woody and mine is just waiting to be delivered to the dealer from Sheerness, ten weeks from order (actually nine as the order did not really go in until the 23rd after a couple of problems) yet he is looking at a build week of 04 2016 or even later!

I very nearly went for the Pacific Blue but wanted a metallic so opted for Petrol Blue, I may live to regret that after seeing some are being delivered in Quartz Grey!

• Like 1

Very odd the way these cars are being built, I ordered mine on almost the same day (17th) as woody and mine is just waiting to be delivered to the dealer from Sheerness, ten weeks from order (actually nine as the order did not really go in until the 23rd after a couple of problems) yet he is looking at a build week of 04 2016 or even later!

I very nearly went for the Pacific Blue but wanted a metallic so opted for Petrol Blue, I may live to regret that after seeing some are being delivered in Quartz Grey!

Please let us know if it does arrive in Grey.

• Like 1

I thought this is closer to Pacific Blue, Well its the type of colour I was shown (and hoping to get)

SkodaSuperb06.jpg

And Yes Phil there doesn't seem to be any sense in the build order, did you order a petrol or a diesel, It seem that the diesels and 2 L petrol's are being given priority at the moment, As far as I can tell there isn't a lot of the 1.4 acts in the country only one on here anyway. But glad your getting yours, my time will come.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Petrol Blue is like this

14443261268_d937551e1b_b.jpg

This Octavia is listed for sale as Petrol Blue.

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

Advert for the Ocatvia said petrol blue but I guess they could have got that wrong, anyway the picture of the S3  looks like what I was expecting. 

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

I have a Superb II in pacific Blue with the cream leather interior and I reckon it's the best colour combination the car comes in, with possibly a silver with black interior second. It's not the sportiest look though - you need the dark alcantera and black instead of chrome on the bodywork for that :).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well car has arrived at the dealership and I went to sign the paper work. I also had a chance to look at the car, and I can say in my opinion pacific blue looks amazing only seen it at evening time so not in full day light but wow looks great picking the car up on Monday night so will try to put some picks up soon after that. Really happy can't wait to get it now.

• Like 2

Be really interested in seeing some photos if you can Woody? I'm looking at a lease deal and the paints seem expensive, so Pacific Blue it might be.

As soon as I get it and it's daylight I will take some picks for you, but all I can say is I'm really happy with the colour and it's quite rare it's the only superb to be ordered at my dealers in this colour and they all liked it.