Tail lights - boot section

My SE-L without led has the bits on the hatch lit if that helps

Could be SE L upwards then ... ? So..... Would a SE Business have them with the LED Pack ? :happy:

Guzzi/Nick, Do your cars have the standard front xenon lights, or do you have either of the optional assists (high beam assist or smart light assist)?

Thanks

The SE business is sold on having LED rear tail lights... not 50% led tail lights..

Even the L&K do not get 100% LED’s (indicator and reversing lights are filament bulbs)

• Like 1

Well I never! It does indeed look like the inner boot mounted lights have no tail light LED bar within them! What a daft spec difference. I can understand lights being different between trim levels, filament vs. LED but I can't think of another car where seemingly the same clusters aesthetically have different areas lit dependant on spec. Odd, just odd.

It does indeed look like they are not present.

L&K:

IMG_1316_zpse88dpubx.jpg

• Like 1

Pete can you see the LED bar in the tailgate light?

They are just visible even when the lights are off.

Good evening folks. I have the same "issue" on a skoda superb wagon " Active".

I have notice that in the tail light the lights are off because there isn't nothing in it...no led strips or something...

I'm very disappointed....what a shame! [emoji35]

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

I agree its crazy, more so you would think from a safety point of view they would light the full unit.

Its little details like this which need to be clear in the documentation to be able to make an informed decision.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

I agree its crazy, more so you would think from a safety point of view they would light the full unit.

Its little details like this which need to be clear in the documentation to be able to make an informed decision.

But.....for "non tail light owner" like me.....how can i do?

Could you swop the inner cluster for LED ones if it can be turned on using the VCDS Coding??

Edited by Rebelred

The LED’s are not present, so you need to add lights where they are present to begin with.

Ok. Understood. But......But once installed the LED lights do I have to connect them to the electrical system only or I have to play also with the VCDS?

Standard bi xenon for me.

Thanks for the info Nick - I was wondering whether the extra rear LED bar on the tailgate-mounted section only came with the small LED eyelash strips in the front lights if you selected the smart light assist...but not the case, it would seem!

They really need to sort the spec sheets out for the Superb.

Thanks for the info Nick - I was wondering whether the extra rear LED bar on the tailgate-mounted section only came with the small LED eyelash strips in the front lights if you selected the smart light assist...but not the case, it would seem!

They really need to sort the spec sheets out for the Superb.

Agreed it's very confusing. So to sum up.... It looks like the taillight led's are only available for SE L and L&K regardless of what options you spec on the other levels ?

Agreed it's very confusing. So to sum up.... It looks like the taillight led's are only available for SE L and L&K regardless of what options you spec on the other levels ?

Seems like it...hope it is still so when mine arrives.

Differentiation via LED rear lights is becoming more common.

If you order the xenon headlights on a new Mercedes C-Class you get better LED rear lights...

the-c-class-w205-has-two-different-taill

It would appear that Skoda want a piece of the action...

Edited by silver1011

Differentiation via LED rear lights is becoming more common.

If you order the xenon headlights on a new Mercedes C-Class you get better LED rear lights...

It would appear that Skoda want a piece of the action...

Quite rightly too IMO.

Surely if you are not bothered about having the better headlights (which you see with) then those that you will not see (the rear lights) will not be high on your list of priorities either?

• Like 1

Quite rightly too IMO.

Surely if you are not bothered about having the better headlights (which you see with) then those that you will not see (the rear lights) will not be high on your list of priorities either?

For me, the issue is more the not knowing. It shouldn't take customers discussing their various cars for this type of difference to come to light, it should be listed plainly in the vehicle specs. Skoda need to take a lesson from Mercedes in this respect.

As for 'not being bothered' about seeing where I'm going, that's a bit of a sweeping statement. I couldn't afford the car if I'd specced xenons - simple.

• Like 2

Will be exciting when my car arrives. It has xenon, LED rear lights but not Smart Light Assist. The danish brochure shows a nice and clear photo of a Combi where the inner part is lit up, and does not mention anything of it being optional or extra.

Will be exciting when my car arrives. It has xenon, LED rear lights but not Smart Light Assist. The danish brochure shows a nice and clear photo of a Combi where the inner part is lit up, and does not mention anything of it being optional or extra.

The small print at the bottom of the UK brochure clearly states:

Some illustrations in this brochure depict left hand drive models, with both standard and optional equipment shown"

Think this pretty much sums it up BUT does an up-spec'd S/SE/SE Business get them if it has xenons?