2009 Skoda Superb shark aerial

If it's the first one you need I have a used one in my garage that's not needed.

It has GPS & GSM FAKRA connectors.

PM me if you're interested in buying it off me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If it's the first one you need I have a used one in my garage that's not needed.

It has GPS & GSM FAKRA connectors.

PM me if you're interested in buying it off me.

i need a shark fin with GPS and double plug aerial cable ( im told am and fm are sent seperetelly altho i only ever use FM )

Have you any ??

i need a shark fin with GPS and double plug aerial cable ( im told am and fm are sent seperetelly altho i only ever use FM )

Have you any ??

The shark fin aerials on the Superb aren't used for the radio just GPS & GSM the radio aerials are in the rear windows.

• Like 1

There isn't any VAG shark fin (or standard aerial) with a double FAKRA for the radio signal. Only single ones for FM (I believe the rear or side window covers AM & FM signal in one - still needs a second antenna for FM though - depending upon car model and age).

The only roof mounted shark fins (without stubby or whip aerial) cover GSM, GPS, or Webasto in various combinations. If you want radio (FM) you'll have to have a stubby or whip aerial combined with the shark fin.

GSM, GPS & FM is the closest you'll get.

I did have a GPS & GSM shark fin (no stubby) on the roof of my Ovtavia estate, but I also created two rear side window aerials to handle FM (off-side) and FM & AM (near side). With the relevant amplifiers borrowed from a Touran, it all worked very well. It gave me GPS & GSM on the roof and Diversity radio reception on FM & AM for my Columbus via the side windows.

I still have the amps and shark fin for sale and could give more details of whatbelsenis needed and how to do it if required.

• Like 1

It should come from the boot hatch into the headlining via the rubber tube by the near side hingh and then along the top left of the vehicle.

However, it may dive down from the tube and run across the sills. Not an easy place to get to...

When you say 'damaged' what exactly do you mean? I can think of a couple of possible solutions without replacing any wires; butbitvdepends upon what is wrong. Pictures are good to help explain...

Edited by KBPhoto
  • Like 1

It should come from the boot hatch into the headlining via the rubber tube by the near side hingh and then along the top left of the vehicle.

However, it may dive down from the tube and run across the sills. Not an easy place to get to...

When you say 'damaged' what exactly do you mean? I can think of a couple of possible solutions without replacing any wires; butbitvdepends upon what is wrong. Pictures are good to help explain...

I pulled the radio out and the cables bent away from the connector.. now i have weaker signal