Toms MINI JCW

Furbytom

Interesting swap Tom - Looking forward to see how you get on. Always liked the JCW's mini!

It's a good colour combo and I love the rear (oo-er) just not a fan of the front lower grill if I had to pick something.

What are the seats? Recaro?

• Like 2

Interesting swap Tom - Looking forward to see how you get on. Always liked the JCW's mini!

It's a good colour combo and I love the rear (oo-er) just not a fan of the front lower grill if I had to pick something.

What are the seats? Recaro?

Cheers! Seats are JCW-specific items trimmed in a rather lovely alcantara material with abit of leather here and there. I'll do some interior pics soonish :-)

• Like 1

Looks spot on. Not a huge fan of the front bumper design now, but looks purposeful at least :)

Be interested to hear how you get on :thumbup:

Possibly needed to visually distinguish the JCW from Cooper S; especially if de-badged?

looks a great laugh (in a good way obviously). Funny you mentioned tyre roar in the M135, I was in a colleagues TT RS a couple of days ago and noticed how much quieter it runs. Wonder it the PSS are the reason? Are you going to do a video with start up and running noises?

The lower grill is definitely 'different' lol. To be fair it's not a very photogenic feature and does look much better in the flesh. Think there are some corner JCW splitter sections you can buy which helps make it look neater/more resolved.

looks a great laugh (in a good way obviously). Funny you mentioned tyre roar in the M135, I was in a colleagues TT RS a couple of days ago and noticed how much quieter it runs. Wonder it the PSS are the reason? Are you going to do a video with start up and running noises?

Yeah I think it's the trade off for the excellent performance of the MPSS.

Will definitely get some vids sorted in due course! Can't wait to get the GoPro out hehe ;-)

• Like 1

How does the auto box in the mini compare to the vrs?

Pretty favourably. It's a 6-speed torque converter rather than a dual-clutcher although the shifts are so quick it seems very much like a dsg unit. I'd heard bad things about the box on the previous generation car but it's been comprehensively re-programmed I believe and is now much sharper. Think the JCW gets upgraded software over the regular Cooper-S too. I was wary coming from the excellent ZF-8spd box on the M135i but so far have been very pleased by it.

• Like 2

Pretty favourably. It's a 6-speed torque converter rather than a dual-clutcher although the shifts are so quick it seems very much like a dsg unit. I'd heard bad things about the box on the previous generation car but it's been comprehensively re-programmed I believe and is now much sharper. Think the JCW gets upgraded software over the regular Cooper-S too. I was wary coming from the excellent ZF-8spd box on the M135i but so far have been very pleased by it.

BMW seemed to have sorted the software out for all their gearboxes :) I have a friend who buys convertible Minis and is due for a change soon, once the new version is out. I always thought the ride was a little choppy in the cars she bought and wondered if the adjustable dampers make a big difference? At least as much as the ones on say, the M135?

BMW seemed to have sorted the software out for all their gearboxes :) I have a friend who buys convertible Minis and is due for a change soon, once the new version is out. I always thought the ride was a little choppy in the cars she bought and wondered if the adjustable dampers make a big difference? At least as much as the ones on say, the M135?

Adaptive makes a huuuuge difference in the latest minis. Limo-smooth in comfort mode but like a sporty pogo-stick in sport lol!

• Like 2

Adaptive makes a huuuuge difference in the latest minis. Limo-smooth in comfort mode but like a sporty pogo-stick in sport lol!

I'll mention this to her, although I suspect she will only want it in Space Hopper mode as she believes that gives the car the best handling, even though the roads are pretty choppy where she lives  :(

Nice! In my head 230bhp in what must be a fairly weighty 'mini' doesnt sound much but I guess with the latest 6/7/8 speed boxes the car can make the most of the engine. I cant get past the front bumper though, it looks like a squished bumper off my E90. The rest of it looks lovely though. Keep us updated how it goes.  :thumbup:

Nice one! In white, front and rear bumpers remind me of Star Wars stormtroopers!

My wife bought a 2004 Mini R50 and I have to say I take it as often as I can. This might change when my vrs arrives in January. Ride is a bit harsh with 17 inch rims but it's a hoot to drive. Biggest issue is trying to track down why rear high level brake light isn't working and where drivers side footwell water ingress is coming from.

Your JCW looks great BTW. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1