Toms MINI JCW

Furbytom

it's about time we had some more video action Tom :) A friend is looking to get the new Mini Convertible (she has the old model at the mo) and I'm trying to convince her to get the Cooper S version :) Sadly she will never fit a sports exhaust, no matter how hard I try to persuade her :(

Lol ;-)

Will try and do some more vid action soon. Now I've got a few miles in the clock (1500) it's loosened up abit and is definitely quicker and louder. Some of the bangs from the exhaust are just phenomenal when driving through a built-up area in sport mode.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tom,

Is it just my observation but it appears to me that the Missus' Fabia vRS mk2 Estate seems to be getting more project activity than the JCW.

What are your project plans for the JCW ? Or is it because its track day activity before you replace her car.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

Tom,

Some more space coming by year end. But will you be looking elsewhere by then?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2016-mini-countryman-hot-jcw-variant-spotted

Hopefully won't be looking elsewhere just yet! Would prefer a clubman JCW to the countryman, let's just hope it has more power :-)

• Like 1

Tom,

Is it just my observation but it appears to me that the Missus' Fabia vRS mk2 Estate seems to be getting more project activity than the JCW.

What are your project plans for the JCW ? Or is it because its track day activity before you replace her car.

Yeah the Furby has definitely been getting the attention. Done on that with mods for the moment at least. Taking the Furby on another track day in May.

Yeah not done anything with the JCW yet. Got a few plans in the pipeline... Front splitters and maybe an exhaust. Enjoying it standard currently lol. Watch this space.... ;-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a local 1/4mile drag and drift day on Saturday at Spitfire Raceway, Perranporth.

Was a good laugh :-)

The JCW ran 14.51 @98mph. Not toooo bad considering the surface there is absolutely shocking lol. Would be a fair bit faster at SantaPod I'd imagine.

My brother came along and did the drifting. You can see him in the vid in the purple/white old 3-series:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a local 1/4mile drag and drift day on Saturday at Spitfire Raceway, Perranporth.

Was a good laugh :-)

The JCW ran 14.51 @98mph. Not toooo bad considering the surface there is absolutely shocking lol. Would be a fair bit faster at SantaPod I'd imagine.

My brother came along and did the drifting. You can see him in the vid in the purple/white old 3-series:

wasn't your fabia 14.4 ? :P

wasn't your fabia 14.4 ? :P

Nooo! Lol. Fabia was 14.57@93mph ;-)

So the JCW was quicker (especially the terminal speed) despite the absolutely horrendous surface. I suspect the JCW at santapod would be better again. Some of the 1/4mile strip down here is actually uphill haha.

Going back in July. Undecided if I should take the JCW to see if can improve on the time (maybe actually try the launch control lol) or go in the Furby to see what time that does there.

I'll admit I was frustrated with the auto box in the JCW for the 1/4 Mile launches. Really bogs down off the line in 1st :-(. Flies once rolling but the initial launch was very poor. Think I need more practice in it to refine a better technique :-)

• Like 1

Nooo! Lol. Fabia was 14.57@93mph ;-)

So the JCW was quicker (especially the terminal speed) despite the absolutely horrendous surface. I suspect the JCW at santapod would be better again. Some of the 1/4mile strip down here is actually uphill haha.

Going back in July. Undecided if I should take the JCW to see if can improve on the time (maybe actually try the launch control lol) or go in the Furby to see what time that does there.

I'll admit I was frustrated with the auto box in the JCW for the 1/4 Mile launches. Really bogs down off the line in 1st :-(. Flies once rolling but the initial launch was very poor. Think I need more practice in it to refine a better technique :-)

so the JWC (John cooper Works..... can't remember how much it costs ...) was 0.06 seconds faster than a skoda fabia..... hhmmmmm pedigree ;) *runs...

Edited by sharkrider

so the JWC (John cooper Works..... can't remember how much it costs ...) was 0.06 seconds faster than a skoda fabia..... hhmmmmm pedigree ;) *runs...

Lol! Good job I didn't buy the JCW for its straightline pace haha :-)

I can definitely see your point though Dave. Goes off to google remaps......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Put the car on the dyno this week and it made near 270bhp and 296lb-ft of torque. It's the torque gain which is most impressive and results in absolutely fantastic in-gear surge on the road:

image_23.jpeg

• Like 4

Last weekend I also took the JCW back to Spitfire raceway for another 1/4mile event to see what difference the new mapping would make. Suffice to say I was very pleased lol.

Previously the car ran 14.5 @98mph. Now it's JB4'd it's best time was 13.4 @110mph. Huge improvement!

image_22.jpeg

image_20.jpeg

image_21.jpeg

• Like 2