Price increase?/Better deal next quarter?

Hi all

I'm coming to the end of my PCP (final 6 months to run) and my MKII Blackline has been faultless (still not discounted paying off the final balance and keeping).

But the Octavia deals at them moment - 0% PCP, £1,000 deposit and £1,000 loyalty contribution - are tempting.  I would still want a reasonable trade in price and a discount off list price as per drive the deal.

Looking for a straight swap i.e. going for a white diesel vrs estate.  No factory extras because its money down the drain.  Only do about 4,000 miles pa but have had no DPF problems in three years, monthly payment will be lower, economy better and road tax lower.

I'm aware that VW will provide a compensation package because I have the affected diesel engine but who knows what that will entail/when it appears - plus they will no doubt give with one hand and take with the other.

So I might want to place an order by end December for a new hrs - when does Skoda normally increase prices, 1 January? and if the next quarter has a 'better' deal will I be able to claim, although an order was placed late in 2015?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

i was told by the dealer today that the vrs was likely to lose the 0% finance option come the new year. Trying to pressure me into buying now you might think, but this was after they had told me i should go with the drive the deal offer i had as they couldn't get near matching it. Another dealer had told me that they dont know right up until the last minute whether the finance options would be extended into the next month. Again, could be BS i guess. Who knows...

Left placing my order till the 28th of December, that way the next quarter's prices had been made public.

Where do you get the prices a few days before end of the Quarter?

I'm sure that they only updated the finance offers part of the website around 1pm -2pm on 1st October.  All morning on 1st Oct offers were referring to the ones which had expired on 30th Dec.

As the 1st is a bank holiday, will they be updated on 31st or will it wait until Monday 4th before we know what offers are around in January.

My hunch is the emissions scandal will mean offers will continue, and may even improve a bit due arrest falling sales.

Happy Xmas letter from my dealer suggested prices will rise, typically 3% in new year. But would think they're just guessing to sell cars now.

Bought mine Nov13. They went up Jan14. So they will rise, but by how much is a guess.

Happy Xmas letter from my dealer suggested prices will rise, typically 3% in new year. But would think they're just guessing to sell cars now.

Bought mine Nov13. They went up Jan14. So they will rise, but by how much is a guess.

Possibly will be an increase, but likely to be academic if discounts stay as no one pays list price.

At this time last year, euro exchange rate was 1.275. Today is 1.350 thus if there was a 3% increase in euro price, would be 2% lower price in pounds. Can't see a need for a price increase whilst the sales are struggling

At this time last year, euro exchange rate was 1.275. Today is 1.350 thus if there was a 3% increase in euro price, would be 2% lower price in pounds. Can't see a need for a price increase whilst the sales are struggling

.... but they don't use Euros in Czech Republic!!

.... but they don't use Euros in Czech Republic!!

Agreed, but it is the base currency of the parent group VW. All bulk foreign exchange will go through VW treasury to optimise any currency exposure. Many components and transport will be paid in euros, regardless of country of final assembly.

Skoda have quietly updated the finance offers pages, as it now says ordered by 4th January instead of valid to 31 Dec 

I guess this means the new Quarters finance offers will be announced on Monday 4th

BA.....if you want to change something I would seriously consider......

Keep your car to handback time. Either sell it to a dealer/privately and perhaps try and make a little money (as its probably worth a bit more than its GFV) or just walk away from it....guess it depends how much you invested in it in the first place and what you are prepared to walk out of the deal with.

Look for a good 3/23 or 3/35 PCH deal and just order a base spec car

Or

Get on the broker sites and nail the best deal on a base spec car you can and take advantage of the 0%

My theory either PCH'ing or getting a great discount on a base spec car will protect you to a better extent from the woeful depreciation on the Mk3.

Those who have bought high spec cars on the 0% with very little discount will be getting murdered on the residuals. To those who have money to burn or have every intention of keeping the car long term is no matter really but I bet there are a few people out there 18/24 months in itching for a change but have found they are £££ in neg equity and so forced to keep running it.

My circumstances rather changed to the point I could have done with moving it on, at least for something a little cheaper but it stands to cost me £3.5k to do so...so I am just going to keep running it. Thankfully I can afford to keep it (having to rather than wanting to) but thats of course not always the situation.

Certainly a far cry from me walking out of my Blackline after a year having put about £750 down with about £2k!

Edited by pipsypreturns

Has anyone got any update on new finance offers.

One new oddity on the Skoda UK website is a Fabia colour concept, if you click on this then click on finance at the top a new menu item called big event appears, but there is currently a 404 error page not available. What is this all about ?